my Garage - built in 2003

I built my garage in 2003.

42 ft deep, 26ft wide. Extra-wide, tall double door. Lots of build in storage on both sides and still enough room for cars 2 wide, and 2 deep. Built in workbench, sink, 220 for an air compressor (which i have yet to buy), and i painted the floor. It also has a back door for flow through air. smile.gif

Only regrets are that i wish it was taller, that I had put in a drain, and that i used a speckle paint on the floor to hid dirt better.

Peter

Nice. Looks like you've got all the essentials - space, tools, projects, fridge...

What did you use on the floor? I've toyed with painting mine (or something) but am afraid there is already too much oil soaked into it. Any thoughts on that?

When we did the plans for our garage we actually used scale cut-outs of the cars to make sure everything would fit in nicely. Rearranging them on a sheet of graph paper worked pretty well in reaching some decisions about layout, etc. One problem though was this one funny little cut-out that kept "appearing" on the plan. Turns out Susan thought the car barn would be a great storage place for the John Deere mower! We've got a separate building for that now since it kept getting in the way.

Terry

Ooh - would have expected a more "computeristic" kind of mower from you Peter.

post-30751-143137944119_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peter Gariepy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, you know wives can be, wanting to keep their cars "dry"! GO FIGURE smile.gif </div></div>

I guess I am lucky in one way. My Father is a much bigger pack rat than me. Every time he built a building it filled and my Mothers car was left out. He then built a large car port attached to his shop for both their vehicles, he eventually enclosed it and filled it and Ma's car was outside again. He built another carport attached to the house and it eventually got enclosed and was almost filled to the point of pushing my Mother's car out again and she put her foot down. When we built our house I put a carport on the side of the house and my large shop about 50 feet away from the house. She never wanted to keep her car that far from the house, so claimed the carport. She says no every time I suggest enclosing the carport into a garage. She says it is fine the way it is. I know exactly what she means.

Jim...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread. very interesting. We moved last year and bought 3 acres of land and installed a 32 X 90

manufactured home. Before that came however we got a 30 x 34 car barn from action bldg. I have 2 Packard Patricians

side by side and then 2 dodge dart gt convertibles side by side. once I clear out the table with all the tools on and put that into the 12 X 36 workshop/storage bldg I should be able to fit my 1956 dodge custom royal lancer in the front of the other 4. the back of the car barn is being prepared for 6 more packards coming in next month and alongside of that will be another parts storage shed for the Packard parts that are coming and the parts that are still at the old house. In back of all of this I will still have room for my trailers, my 1 ton dually, and my motor home. I better not run out of room this time or the wife will have me staked out to an ant hill and pour the honey on me.