A Big Thanks! To All At Kalamazoo!!

Guest Matt M- PA

Guest imported_Matt M, PA

Made it back late last night, safe and sound.

I wanted to take a moment and publicly thank everyone that made the Grand National Meet the wonderful time it was. A great venue, super organization, and of course the friends old and new that are fellow members.

My fiancee and I met some new friends at breakfast on Friday and had the added pleasure of sharing their table at the awards banquet. I am proud to say that each person at our table achieved the awards they sought.

I was super proud to have my '72 Plymouth achieve her Grand National Senior Award.

Again...a big thanks for a great time this past weekend.

I am tired from the long drive but our family had a great time at the Grand National as well. The Gilmore Museum was a great location and the show went really well. My 9 year old daughter now has a new friend that we intend to see at future shows as well. Sort of happy to have our First Grand National Award too.....

What a great meet! I grew up in the hobby in Battle Creek and started dating Susan while we were attending Western Michigan University there in Kalamazoo. Gilmore museum has always been one of my favorite stops while visiting there and it is a superb venue for the Grand National. Hats off to all the folks there who put on a great event. Dave Berg likes to take credit for the weather, but I think the Michigan folks just know how to do it right! I stayed over to see the British car show (Mad dogs & Englishmen) there on Sunday too. Is it possible to over-dose on old cars?

Terry

I too made it back Sunday night after a LONG day of driving.

Congratulations and Thank You to all the members of the West Michigan & Kalamazoo Regions for all your hard work to make this Grand National such a success. It was definitely an event to remember. The Gilmore Car museum was an fantastic location to hold this event.

It was great to meet so many other AACA members and catch up with old friends.

PJH, it was great to meet up with you and have dinner Thursday night in Ohio (and breakfast the next morning).

My brother and I really enjoyed it and Thanks Again.

I was very honored to have my '80 VW Rabbit achieve her 1st Grand National Award.

Once again Thank You to everyone who worked so hard on this event.

Hi, Charlie.

Enjoyed the dinner conversation very much not to mention our "chance" meeting up along the way from PA.

Congratulations for your receiving a much deserved 1st for the Rabbit. Lot of hard work certainly paid off for you. (Now we have to push your brother Chris to get his VW Bus up and running... wink.gif

Best regards,

PJH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charlier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was very honored to have my '80 VW Rabbit achieve her 1st Grand National Award. </div></div>

Congrats Charlie on the very well-deserved recognition for that magnificent VW Rabbit!

Steve

Guest imported_Matt M, PA

I should mention that I'm sure it was PJH that we met up with along the way as well.

The AACA members and officials are really a great group.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stock_steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And a well-deserved tip of the hat to you too, Ron, for the VERY nice feature on your magnificent '70 VW Squareback that appears on page 29 of the just-received AutoWeek (July 16, 2007 edition), "Revs/Escape Roads" column byt John F. Katz!!! </div></div>

I hope this link to the A/W article on Ron's car works: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070711/FREE/70706011/1530/FREE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Clattering madly, the little flat-four struggles mightily.......to reach 60 mph grin.gifwhistle.gif</div></div>

Ahhhh, Katz at his best. Great story! Yet we make fun of the Beetles when they were very efficient for their time.

Wayne

Guest Stonefish

Thanks Steve....John visited me about 2 years ago to check out the Square. So, there is coverage in the actual magazine?? Can I get that on the news stand? or is it the exact same thing as on the internet?

Ron, I don't know if I've ever seen AutoWeek on a news-stand, but I can assure you it is in the issue that I mentioned in this thread (I think the cover story is the new VW GTI R32, matter of fact). I didn't closely compare the printed article with the online article, so I don't know for sure, but I think they are the same. The illustration of your car appears to be the same (between the magazine and online). Congrats once again!

Steve

A beautiful 1978 Chevrolet Corvette owned by Robert and Adera Laughlin of Greencastle Pa.

Robert said he restored the Corvette in 1997 and did all of the work himself.

Robert went on to relate that he took the photo at Kalamazoo Mi., our Grand National Meet where they received a Grand National Senior Award.

"We were very pleased to do so, and what a great place for the event. Somehow we would like all those that worked so very hard to know how much we appreciate the award."

Nice Car Robert!

Wayne

78_the_Shell_Stationresize.jpg

I finally got most of Matt Hinson's Grand National pictures uploaded, a few more to go. Check them out. You can go to the bottom of the photo gallery page under Grand National 2007 for direct link to all of the pictures.

Wayne

PS, Correction, finished!