Grand National

MCHinson

Matt and Craig...look forward to meeting up with you guys. Will be there with the TR6.

I will be at the <span style="font-weight: bold">"AACA Family Table" </span> where one can find information on the services of <span style="font-weight: bold">"Your Library and Research Center, National Info, Museum, Membership, and, Youth Membership/Scholarships" </span>. Stop by at the table for updates, questions, concerns. Table is manned by Directors of all entities.

Best regards,

PJH.

I will be packing my trailer and tow vehicle on Wednesday and be heading out at dawn on Thursday morning.

Sure hope the Pennsylvania and Ohio Turnpikes are open and running smoothly.

Would not want to run into a long closure or detour like the past few weekends on the PA Turnpike.

Have to look for other AACA members at the Turnpike Service Plazas. Never know who one might run into.

Hey PJH, when are you pulling out for Kalamazoo?

Looking forward to this vacation and my first Grand National.

Hi, Charlie...hope all is well.

A fairly accurate time frame is I will be entering the PA Pike at Morgantown (Mile marker 298, or so Wayne Burgess understands, that is "yardstick #298) around 7:30 a.m. on Thursday.

Sending you a PM with my cell number.

Take care,

PJH

I will leaving Harrisburg around 5:30 AM and could give you guys traffic updates if you need them. Peter you should have my cell number if you need it or call me tomorrow. Have a safe trip everyone and make sure if you are trailering that you double check everything for safety.

Also, according to weather.com it is going to be HOT so bring your coolers and shorts!

Have your cell, Steve. Thanks.

As you mentioned, everyone have a safe trip. This will be a great time, especially at the Gilmore Museum.

PJH

Well I am trying to figure out how early I have to leave on the morning of the 5th. Mapquest tells me it it going to be a 15 hour drive from Wilmington NC. So, I guess I will be sort of tired when I pull in there late in the evening on the 5th. Any chance the trailer parking crew might be around later than the 7:00 pm time listed in the brochure? I really want to let the 4th of July bar crowd all get off of the road before I pull out and 4:00 am sounds sort of early to drag the family out of the house.

Matt,

Getting late tonight. Give us a chance to contact the Western Michigan/Kalamazoo Region hosts and one of us will respond to your query shortly.

PJH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MCHinson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I am trying to figure out how early I have to leave on the morning of the 5th. Mapquest tells me it it going to be a 15 hour drive from Wilmington NC. So, I guess I will be sort of tired when I pull in there late in the evening on the 5th. Any chance the trailer parking crew might be around later than the 7:00 pm time listed in the brochure? I really want to let the 4th of July bar crowd all get off of the road before I pull out and 4:00 am sounds sort of early to drag the family out of the house. </div></div>

A few weeks ago I contacted David Lyon of the Western Michigan/Kalamazoo Region regarding trailer

parking in the evening and the following was his response:

"There are no set times for trailer parking and you can park at any time, however I would not attempt to do so after dark We are on the western edge of the eastern time zone and it remains light here well after 9:00 p.m."

Peter, I hope to be entering the PA Turnpike at Morgantown around 6:30 am on Thursday morning.

That time may vary (ie later) depending on when my brother arrives at my house.

Oh, no!!! Please, not Somerset again... cry.gifcry.gif

Bob, I have been trying to forget that Sunday in 2004, now I have to rehash it.

Thank you for being thoughtful. Hope I don't have to take you up on your offer to help. If I do, what's Patti making for dinner?

PJH... smile.gif

(To the uninformed: I was trailering along the PA Turnpike from the 2004 Dublin, Ohio meet back to Reading, PA. Pulled into the Somerset Rest Area. Just finished driving over 3 miles of a very rough resurfacing zone. Lot of trailer/truck bouncing. When I was accelerating back onto the Pike, the drive shaft of my truck sheared off at the universal joint. Bob...just in case, what is the towing capacity of your Divco Milk Truck?? wink.gif

Hi, Matt.

Dave Lyon responded to me via e-mail echoing Charlie's post: "You should be able to get in the trailer lot after 7 pm."

Regards,

PJH

Peter, Bill sends his sympathies. He did that doing about 90 mph in his Legends race car at a track near our home about eight years ago. shocked.gif It was going full throttle and the drive shaft broke into three pieces and the largest piece from the center went sliding down the track without him. crazy.gif Luckily no one was hurt, the tunnel in the car kept the broken ends from coming into the cockpit of the car.