Auction of Cool Car Stuff

capngrog

I'm almost glad that I'm about 1,000 miles from this place; otherwise, I might go home with a trailer full of "neat stuff".  I already have too much "neat stuff", but maybe that's only a temporary state of mind.  Can any one of us ever have too much "neat stuff"?

Anyway, here's the link to a lot of Crosley, but mostly old Ford NOS stuff:

http://www.kjauction.com/auction/antique-car-scooter-parts-collection-auction/

Let us know if anyone goes to this auction.

Cheers,

Grog

This is the first thing shown in the group of photographs of the lots coming up at auction next month.  Does anyone know what it is ... maybe a high end pedal car?

The photo:

28396230518_d061829978_b.jpg

Whatever it is, it looks pretty cool.

Cheers,

Grog

18 hours ago, capngrog said:

This is the first thing shown in the group of photographs of the lots coming up at auction next month.  Does anyone know what it is ... maybe a high end pedal car?

The photo:

28396230518_d061829978_b.jpg

Whatever it is, it looks pretty cool.

Cheers,

Grog

Is this it?  ("CLICK TO VIEW THE COMPLETE PARTS LIST" - it's at the top among the cars):

1952 Red Crosley Supersport Convertible Doors 4 Cyl 26hp-3sp w/reverse

I agree it's cool.  The 37 Ford coupe looks pretty nice too.

8 minutes ago, CHuDWah said:

Is this it?  ("CLICK TO VIEW THE COMPLETE PARTS LIST" - it's at the top among the cars):

1952 Red Crosley Supersport Convertible Doors 4 Cyl 26hp-3sp w/reverse

I agree it's cool.  The 37 Ford coupe looks pretty nice too.

Nope, guess this is the convertible.  Dunno what the other one is - it does look like a pedal car.

image.thumb.png.f2295feae61fb612bb833fa0414feacf.png

25 minutes ago, CHuDWah said:

Nope, guess this is the convertible.  Dunno what the other one is - it does look like a pedal car.

Ah, here it is:

¾ Midget 4 Cyl Replica 1933 Auburn Boat Tail Speedster

45 minutes ago, CHuDWah said:

Ah, here it is:

¾ Midget 4 Cyl Replica 1933 Auburn Boat Tail Speedster

The format of "The Complete Parts List" is inconsistent, with some items being described in two lines, and most being described in single lines.  I believe that what you quoted above is two items, the 3/4 Midget and the Replica Speedster, each with its own one line description.  Two 3/4 Midgets (one yellow with black trim and one white with blue trim) are shown in the photographs, but only one is mentioned in "The Complete Parts List".  The red item shown in my Post #5 above, I believe to be some sort of pedal car and not meant to be engine-powered.  I base this on seeing its wheels secured to its axles with washers and cotter pins ... sorta like a Soap Box Derby Racer.   I think you have correctly matched the photo in Post #5 with the description, "Replica Auburn Boat Tail Speedster", seen in "The Complete Parts List".  I still wonder if the item shown in Post #5 is a pedal car ... or not.

20 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Resembles an Auburn or Duesenberg boattail speedster.

This along with CHuDWah's matching of the description with the photo pretty well nails it, in my opinion.  I still wonder if it's a pedal car ... or not.

Cheers,

Grog

7 hours ago, capngrog said:

The format of "The Complete Parts List" is inconsistent, with some items being described in two lines, and most being described in single lines.  I believe that what you quoted above is two items, the 3/4 Midget and the Replica Speedster, each with its own one line description.  Two 3/4 Midgets (one yellow with black trim and one white with blue trim) are shown in the photographs, but only one is mentioned in "The Complete Parts List".  The red item shown in my Post #5 above, I believe to be some sort of pedal car and not meant to be engine-powered.  I base this on seeing its wheels secured to its axles with washers and cotter pins ... sorta like a Soap Box Derby Racer.   I think you have correctly matched the photo in Post #5 with the description, "Replica Auburn Boat Tail Speedster", seen in "The Complete Parts List".  I still wonder if the item shown in Post #5 is a pedal car ... or not.

This along with CHuDWah's matching of the description with the photo pretty well nails it, in my opinion.  I still wonder if it's a pedal car ... or not.

Cheers,

Grog

The parts list does kinda suck - on another look, I think you're right about the midget(s).  The "Auburn" does look like a pedal car.  It's hard to estimate the size without anything in the picture for comparison.  But the cockpit looks only big enough for one person (kid?).  The steering wheel is centered on the dash but there don't appear to be any gauges, etc.  The doors look to be just molded lines, not functional, and there doesn't seem to be glass in the windshield.  And the tires don't look substantial enough for engine-power.  All that would be characteristic of a pedal car.  The hood does appear to be hinged/functional, but that may be for access to the steering, chain (or whatever) drive, etc.

Edited by CHuDWah (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

This auction is this coming Saturday (August 18, 2018) in Decatur, Indiana.  There appears to be a lot of early Ford stuff (flat head V8s, blocks, heads, pistons etc.), and much of it is NOS (New Old Stock).   If anyone on this forum decides to go, please let us know what the experience was like ... especially if you bought some cool stuff.

Cheers,

Grog