Driving instructions to the 2018 ROA event

RivNut

In case you don't notice the * in the thread about the 2018 ROA International Meet in Overland Park, here's a link to it.  I've posted videos that show you the drive and exits you'll want to take to get to the hotel from all points N, S, E, & W.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

I though you were talking about the 2019 meet. ?

2019 to be revealed at the 2018 meet. If you come, you'll be in the know.

Anyone want to venture a guess?  I'm guessing somewhere east of the Mississippi.  That's as close as I can get for now. I have no real info, this is just a guess. I've got better than a 50/50 chance.  (26 of the 50 states lie east of the Mississippi River ?)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DShip said:

You couldn't ask for better driving instructions...Congratulations, Ed!...you did good!

Thanks.  And thanks to my tech savvy grandson whose GoPro camera we used and to his dad for editing and making it possible for me to post.

I'm hoping he'll come to the meet on Thursday and film all of the cars in the show field.  Then we could put it on a CD for all to see.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Anyone want to venture a guess?  I'm guessing somewhere east of the Mississippi.  That's as close as I can get for now. I have no real info, this is just a guess. I've got better than a 50/50 chance.  (26 of the 50 states lie east of the Mississippi River ?)

I hope next years show is east of Old Miss. I'd like to attend next year.

3 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

I hope next years show is east of Old Miss. I'd like to attend next year.

Not much farther than the trips we made from our home to Harrisburg, PA or Williamsburg, VA but not as far as is was to Monterey, CA..  The really nice thing about roads is that they go both ways.  And if you can get on an airplane and get here, one can get you back. 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2018 at 10:08 AM, RivNut said:

Come on guys, only a few days left to get those guesses in.  

7 hours ago, RivNut said:

Where's the fun in that.   No guess? How about a "hopeful" guess. And, no, we've been to NC previously.  

How about Honolulu? So much closer to us Down Under and I would love to see the driving instructions...

?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

I'm going to guess Charleston West Virginia or Orlando Florida.

Hmmmm.  Interesting.  However, I think that Orlando is too far for too many people and hotels would be charging premium prices during the summer.  Just my HO, but based on some things Ray told Gord and me when we proposed Kansas City. 

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I've thought of NY different times myself as I know there are many beautiful places and roads in the state. Always thought Niagara Falls area might be nice as it has major name recognition and WOW factor. Many other places too around the Finger Lakes. Only potential issue with NY is similar to FL, its borderline remoteness geographically to rest of country "could" inhibit folks bringing cars outside of New England and eastern Canada. Then again we have seen lower turnout even in more geographic centrist locations so maybe it wouldn't matter. Just below NY we know east central PA has a history of great turnout with 3 meets. 2 in Lancaster and 1 in Hershey. All 3 had 120+ cars with Hershey I think over 140. So maybe NY would be fine.

ROA has had a handful of spectacular locations for meets both in location and attendance. And of course a flop here and there too. :( Having been to 23 meets. One that sticks out in my top 3 all time favorites was 1991 in Cape May. Great ocean front accommodating hotel, Some parking under cover, an enthusiastic and welcoming town council, and a nice ocean front grass show field just down the street from the hotel. Amazing! Different time - different world. Things changed in Cape May pretty quick after that with booming tourism. Its still a quaint beach town but now it would cost a fortune to hold a meet there if the same venue was still available.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 2