86 Pieces of Riviera artwork

Steve Moskowitz

I received this from a notable collector:  "is a collection of 86 original works by John Houlihan. I’ll email you the select items he emailed me, but I think the most compelling are the developmental boattail Riviera pieces. 86 pieces, asking $9650 for the collection, a little over $100 per piece"  I have more pictures.  If interested let me know.

Yeah, I have been looking at that one Very nice. The driver throws it off a bit, but he has his cool sun glasses on, so its ok.

Here are some shots.

As John alludes to in a written letter, the 71 would have been a shark, but ended up as a whale. Still, a sophisticated and glorious whale, yet still we ponder what could have been if they didn't go discount on the front glass and so on. Always go with style...as Bill M. commanded. 

Looks a lot like the concept 1977 Pontiac Phantom to me with the deep V front windshield. Bill Mitchell's final masterpiece:  “Realizing that with the energy crisis and other considerations, the glamour car would not be around for long. I wanted to leave a memory at General Motors of the kind of cars I love."

A phantom indeed...

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 11.13.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 11.12.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 11.12.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 11.11.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 11.18.56 AM.png

Edited by Chimera (see edit history)
  • Like 1