Reatta Ranch

After much searching and a long closing process, my wife and I have purchased our first home together. This house is everything we both wanted, and we couldn't ask for a more perfect home. 

The best part of the house (in my opinion) is the 1500 sq ft basement garage. This will quickly become the home to my company East Coast Reatta Parts, as well as my shop and storage for my prized Reattas. 

As improvements are made I'll try to keep this thread updated. This is my dream garage and a huge upgrade from the pole barn I've rented for 6 years. 

The title of this thread isn't because we bought a farm (sadly, not in the budget) but a ranch style house. 

When we bought the house, the basement was as pictured. There's a small room.in the back that will be cut back to make room for more cars. My plan is to fit 5 Reattas in the basement. There's another garage in the back I would like to ultimately like to install a lift in. But that's down the road. 

IMG_20171031_114311.jpg

IMG_20171031_114321.jpg

Edited by NCReatta (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Got several shelves moved from the old shop as well as a trailer full of boxes full of Reatta parts in them over to the house yesterday. Also roped in some friends to drive some.cars over while I trailered my 1991 convertible over. 3 of the 5 cars now in the garage. 

The florescent lights are like playing roulette when you flip the switch. Regularly 3 of the 7 (different ones each time)  come on when you turn them on. New LED replacements have been ordered.

IMG_20180101_165050.jpg

IMG_20171228_170237.jpg

IMG_20171229_170646.jpg

IMG_20171229_170649.jpg

Edited by NCReatta (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Thanks to some awesome BCA friends, I got my work bench and a couple other shelving units moved into the rear shop (no photos yet) and got the wall cut back and ceiling tiles removed in the back of the garage. Was nice to pull the truck in and load the debris in out of the cold. 

Much improvement

IMG_20180102_140249.jpg

IMG_20180102_143921.jpg

IMG_20180102_170021.jpg

• Like 4

Congrats on your first home purchase Marck!! That's a pretty large basement. Let us see the garage out back, sounds like that may be the main work shop?  While LED's are good, I'm sure you'll be keeping the fluorescent units?  And what are those rolling shelf units, I like them!!!

Thanks for sharing Marck, look forward to following!!

Got the other 2 cars over to the hotel yesterday. It's tight, but they all fit! Now to move shelves around so it can double as parts storage. 

I'll get some photos of the rear shop next week. It's mainly full of parts that are waiting for the shelving units they belong on to be installed. That should happen Monday unless it snows again... 

The rolling shelving units I picked up second hand from a friend. I believe they were old green house shelving. 

IMG_20180103_155203.jpg

PANO_20180103_155340.jpg

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, NCReatta said:

Got the other 2 cars over to the hotel yesterday. It's tight, but they all fit! Now to move shelves around so it can double as parts storage. 

I'll get some photos of the rear shop next week. It's mainly full of parts that are waiting for the shelving units they belong on to be installed. That should happen Monday unless it snows again... 

The rolling shelving units I picked up second hand from a friend. I believe they were old green house shelving. 

IMG_20180103_155203.jpg

PANO_20180103_155340.jpg

Reminds me of the 'vette museum -------

Ben

Here's some photos of the back shop. Still no electricity out there but that will hopefully change soon. 

Plenty of room in the back shop for my 8'x14'x4' retired pallet rack. Combined with 2x8s, you can put nearly anything you want on it without hurting it. 

Also saw an interesting way to display some of my license plate collection online and decided to apply it to the basement stairs. 

IMG_20180109_150949.jpg

IMG_20180109_151901.jpg

IMG_20180109_151853.jpg

IMG_20180110_140754.jpg

IMG_20180108_155713.jpg

IMG_20180108_155706.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 1:57 PM, Larry Schramm said:

Looks like you bought the LED lights at Sams Club.  I bought some for my garage and I like them because there is no warm up time in the winter when it is 9deg F outside.

Actually from Amazon. 4 for $100. I bought them for the same reasons. Not that cold here but the old florescents were still having issues. Not any more! Plus much brighter and no need to keep bulbs around. 

• Like 1