Window trim between front and rear side window

Crazy4cruz

You'll need "Glass setting tape". I believe it's just strips of butyl rubber. It's not sticky, but will stick to smooth surface like crazy. I used 1/32", but I'd suggest 1/16 as I had to double it up to make the trim set firmly. Fold the tape around the edge of the glass, then press the trim on. I used the rubber handle of a hammer to tap it into place, while holding the glass in my lap. If the glass is still on the car, it's probably easier. If there's any movement on the trim, you'll need to add another layer. Once the trim is on, use a razor blade to trim the excess rubber. It's an easy job.

I think, could be wrong, but I believe he is talking about the seal between the front & back glass on the quarter window. If that's the case they make that piece. Just make sure it has the steel insert inside or else it will be "Floppy". Once the old one is out spray the window edge & rubber with a silicone spray & slide it into place. No need for any glue/tape, etc.

Tom T.

. . . that's what I thought too Tom, but maybe not ?

If it's just attaching the rubber seal between the rear 1/4 glass and the door window glass, a little clear silicone will help it slide into place, and will keep dirt and moisture out.

If it's the chrome trim on the rear 1/4 glass that holds the rubber seal, then you will need some glass setting tape as described. 

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

Thank you all for the replies.  Knew I could count on you.  Yes, it is the chrome trim piece that I need to attach to the rear quarter window.  I have new rubbers already fit to the chrome trim.  Just tired of the chrome pieces popping off if i try to roll the window down. :-)