Model A Chassis

Hilltop

Up for sale is a Model A chassis with everything you see in the pictures. Not sure what year it is though, although I'm guessing 1929-31. I purchased a 1929 roadster and it came with it, however I can't be sure that they were original to each other. Frame in good solid condition and straight. The engine seems complete and does turn over. 3 speed transmission and clutch are operable. The rear end will turn and is not seized.

Comes with Bill of Sale only.
$1,500 OBO

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.  JPG.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

Just now, Bleach said:

I'm thinking it's a 29 basing it on the bumpers. There might be a serial number on the left side of the frame under the cowl area.

Thank you! Ive been trying to do some research but I appreciate any information. 

• Like 1

There were many more engines built than cars, and the numbers will put you somewhere in the timeline, but many times engines would not be sent to the line for several months after they were built, so they are not definitive in placing build time. There's also a very good chance that the engine may have been changed at on point in it's lifetime. This frame is definitely '28 , only some close inspection will tell when. If the firewall and tank were there, there would be a date stamped on the upper left firewall. Some believe that the date represents the car's build date while others think that it could be the build date for the body only. There are several other changes in construction that will give an idea when the car was built. 

Edited by jpage (see edit history)