Stainless Steel Window Run Channel Found

Mark Gregory

Would anyone know a supplier for S S window channels about  5/8  X  5/8  

Needed for a wood bodied 1931 Reo Royale on the side of the windows .

I tried looking at Mac's Ford they seem to only sell complete sets if I am looking correctly .

They did not state if they where S S . Thanks

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

I assume from the photo that these channels are the window run channels. If the are, do they have a separate chrome bead on the outer edges to hold the material in the channel or is the liner crimped by folded edges. Is the body of the channel exposed or only the outer edges, in other words, do you need an all chrome channel or just the outer beads? If the channels and finishes are good, there may be a chance that they can be relined. I have to assume also that they are ridgid, but you may be able to substitute a flexible, stainless beaded channel if only the bead shows. From what I can see, there is no new all chrome channel in those measurements. There are 2  SS beaded flexible channels available in 9/16 h x 5/8 w. The photos are a little hard to see any real detail of construction. How long are the individual channels and how many? I used to reline all kinds of channels, but of course, some could not be done exactly as original but were serviceable.

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

Mark go to Spaenaur in Kitchener. They sell mainly to dealers so if you buy the tube it may be cheaper than just buying a couple as I found.  Everything from nuts, bolts and clips to upholstery tools and  hardware. Fastenal also shops there seeing Spaenaur distributes over 70,000 standard and hard-to-find fasteners.                

https://spaenaur.com/products.asp

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

This has been quite a challenge but after a lot of research I found the exact extrusion as it was made 90 years ago. The rolled polished SS bead is rolled inside and not on the out side as item 9 above . I found this at C R Laurence this is made for buses and boats Y58296 

Thanks for everyone's responses and help . Jeff I will buy the replacement Schlegel for the remaining formed front door windows as you suggested .

http://www.crlaurence.ca/default.aspx

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)