Spare tire well 1957

lancemb

8 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I don't suppose 1957 Chevrolets would have the same

thing as the small-bodied 1957 Buicks--

But if it's simply a sheet-metal fabrication, 

can't it be shaped from sheet metal?

57 Chevy is quite different.  It looks like 53-54 Chevy is very similar though and are reproduced so I am going to check dimensions.  I am sure it could be formed somehow, but not easily and certainly not by me!

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Scott Z said:

Still need a spare tire well? I just removed the one from my '57. 

Scott,

Typically a response such as this one from someone with no other posts would appear to be from a scammer.  As a moderator, I can see you email address and IP address. From a Google search, I can tell that you appear to actually have a modified 1957 Buick, so instead of immediately banning you , I am going to just ask that you please post a photo of the part in question in an attempt to make it easier for the two of you to be able to potentially help each other.

• Like 3

Guest Scott Z

Sorry. I did a quick google search for someone looking for a spare tire well. This thread was the top one. 

Here are some pics of the well. I drilled a couple spot welds then just cut the whole thing out. I am making a whole new floor at this point. 

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

Edited by Scott Z (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

He did get back to me but then haven't heard back since.  Not sure if he's just really busy or changed his mind.  But until I have part in hand I'll keep looking because I've had plenty of situations like this before where I just never heard back.

• Like 1