1965 Riviera Wholesale Order Form

48Super

I came across pictures this form a while back and I thought it might be interesting to other '65 owners. The form lists all the option codes and has a full description of what the GS option consists of. Hope some of you find this interesting.

1965 Riviera Order Form.JPG

1965 Riviera Order Form Back.JPG

• Like 2

Well, when I purchased my 68 Triple Black GS the guy admitted that he vacuumed up the build sheet that was under the rear seats and destroyed it essentially. Still remaining was this dealer notation of added options is kinda cool.

The car was $6333.47, which seems expensive considering inflation. According to an inflation calculator online, if the same car was purchased in 2016 it would be for $44391.55

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 12.02.00 AM.png

Edited by Chimera (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Wham Bam! A week ago I sent off to Sloan for my 65 Riviera wholesale order form and I received it in the

mail Saturday......amazing service! The order form is very interesting, as it details what you could and could not order when

ordering a 65 Riviera. On the back there is a chart that lists recommended interior colors for a given exterior color and a separate

list of combinations that are not recommended but won't be rejected by Buick. If a combo wasn't on one of those two lists you could

not order it........i.e. a red car with green interior. The biggest surprise for me was that you could order

a 65 Riviera without a heater or defroster, but this option was not available with A/C, so you could buy

a 65 Riviera with no climate controls whatsoever. I would love to know how many were sold like that...

my guess is zero!  The cool thing about that option is that there will never be a leaking heater core to worry about.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

Wham Bam! A week ago I sent off to Sloan for my 65 Riviera wholesale order form and I received it in the

mail Saturday......amazing service! The order form is very interesting, as it details what you could and could not order when

ordering a 65 Riviera. On the back there is a chart that lists recommended interior colors for a given exterior color and a separate

list of combinations that are not recommended but won't be rejected by Buick. If a combo wasn't on one of those two lists you could

not order it........i.e. a red car with green interior. The biggest surprise for me was that you could order

a 65 Riviera without a heater or defroster, but this option was not available with A/C, so you could buy

a 65 Riviera with no climate controls whatsoever. I would love to know how many were sold like that...

my guess is zero!  The cool thing about that option is that there will never be a leaking heater core to worry about.

21 `65 Rivieras were built with heater/defrost delete

Tom Mooney

Winston, one of the ultimate joys of owning any first generation Rivieras is the thrill, the excitement, the challenge and the ultimate ecstasy after you have finally replaced the heater core and it all works again as it should.

My life has never been the same since, am much more focused and my perserverence level has trebled, my life is much richer and my pocket poorer because of the experience.

I want to suggest that there be a certificate or a medal or an honour board listing those who have " been there and done that", should be named after the engineer who decided to build a car around the heater core.

just my two bobs worth from down under!?

I still have my original heater core that doesn't leak, but if it fails I am going to go at it from under the hood

by enlarging the hole in the firewall. No way am I disturbing my unmolested original dash components, especially that fragile

defroster duct. The guy that owned my car from 1967 till 2013 told me that he always replaced the coolant every two years

in my car. that's probably why my heater core hasn't leaked yet. I am continuing that practice. My original radiator has never leaked and never been out of the car either.