67 Color and Trim Album - Anyone Have?

JZRIV

Need to find out exactly what light colors were available in the 67 Riv. My 67 selling manual lists a champagne and also white interior and other literature I have seen it called Dove. Wondering what the 67 trim album shows.

I've seen some 67s with light interior that have an all black instrument panel (I had one in 1978) and steering wheel and others that have an off-white or light beige instrument panel and steering wheel but this one still has a black dash pad. Trying to figure out what the difference is. Seems like there was a beige/champagne color and that's when the instrument panel and steering wheel was same light color. Maybe the white interior had the all black panel???

You probably have this '67 chart. At least it shows the color names with interior / exterior combos. No dash segregation :unsure:

I'd bet the production line varied on the '67 dash. I've seen '67 dashes with '66 "louvered" flat face vent balls.

Proof of midline changes and possibly color or no color (black standard) on dashes?

Color chart.jpg

Edited by PBouker
evidence (see edit history)

I thought the flat faced vent balls were used on non-A/C cars, but I could be wrong...  As shown in the chart above, it's really the combination of exterior and interior color that counts.  Said another way, two cars with the same interior color may have different dash treatment based on the exterior color choice.

Hmmm. Being that big '67 electrical harness came standard which could handle any option (cruise, cornering lights, A/C and rear speaker) - could 2 plastic dash vent versions impact A/C performance? The secrets of GM in-house....:ph34r:

Those "ready to upgrade" days are gone. I tried to install a GM speaker upgrade option on my current Malibu. The harness wasn't there. Passed

Ok so it seems there is white, dove, and champagne lightest to darkest in that order. My selling manual does show all three and only the champagne has the steering wheel the same color which means the instrument panel would be too. In all my years dealing with 67s I never had reason to figure out what color had the matching instrument panel and wheel and which one did not.

To complicate it the color and trim page on the ROA website lists Light Fawn (dove) and ivory. Light fawn and ivory is not referenced in the selling manual.

On 5/24/2016 at 8:14 PM, JZRIV said:

Ok so it seems there is white, dove, and champagne lightest to darkest in that order. My selling manual does show all three and only the champagne has the steering wheel the same color which means the instrument panel would be too. In all my years dealing with 67s I never had reason to figure out what color had the matching instrument panel and wheel and which one did not.

To complicate it the color and trim page on the ROA website lists Light Fawn (dove) and ivory. Light fawn and ivory is not referenced in the selling manual.

Jason,

Checked the selling manual (commonly called the salesman`s manual) and the color trim book. The color trim book lists the color of the individual interior components underneath the actual material samples.

There were 3 light colored choices as follows:

Dove (off white) in the standard trim both with standard bench and bucket seats. All components are black including dash pad, steering wheel, carpeting with a dove headliner.

White (snow white) in custom trim only with Strato bench (notchback). All accents are black, as the Dove trim, except headlining is white.

Champagne in custom cloth trim with Strato bench (notchback) with the following accents....midnight champagne upper instrument panel and carpeting, light champagne steering wheel and headliner.

This seems consistent with what I would expect given my knowledge of the `66 cars. I was surprised the snow white trim was not available in the bucket seats. Hope this helps,

Tom

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

On 5/24/2016 at 7:51 PM, EmTee said:

I thought the flat faced vent balls were used on non-A/C cars, but I could be wrong...  As shown in the chart above, it's really the combination of exterior and interior color that counts.  Said another way, two cars with the same interior color may have different dash treatment based on the exterior color choice.

Dont think exterior color has anything to do with interior accents in `67. I think that started in the `70`s

Tom

Dash pads tend to be a darker color--never white, never off-white,

as far as I have ever seen.  A light-colored dash pad would blind the

driver with glare!

I HAVE seen a couple of cars incorrectly restored with white dash pads.

I think one Riviera was even pictured in Hemmings Classic Car magazine,

with no mention that it was wrong.

8 hours ago, cjp69 said:

Thoughts on this 67 interior please!  This is the only interior picture I have, and I do not have a picture of the data tag.

IMG_1078.JPG

This is the white (snow white) custom trim with Strato-bench seat. The dash and steering column/wheel should be black to be factory correct.

Tom

On 5/27/2016 at 7:07 AM, JZRIV said:

Found this pic. No way to know if pad was changed. 

OI-00143_67-Riviera-interior-4.jpg

This pic appears to me to be consistent with the trim description in the color/trim album. The custom cloth interior was supposedly built with Midnight champagne upper instrument panel and carpeting, light champagne steering wheel. I would expect midnight champagne to be some sort of dark gold/brown? Hard to tell in the pic but the carpeting almost looks too "plush" to be the original 80/20 loop. The material on the seats has definitely been reupholstered.

Tom

• Like 1