1956 POWELL pick up truck project.

Guest Studemac

Guest Studemac

HEY GUYS

i have a 1956 Powell pickup tuck that i need to sell. I am already in the middle of working on my Studebaker so this truck will go un touched for a long time.

the previous owner did alot of work to if before i got it but it still needs finished.

these were built in Compton California for 3 years and only 1200 were made and less then 150 are left ( according to the Powell registry)

the frame and body are very strong but it needs the body work finished and paint.

the trucks were build on a 41 Plymouth frame and used a 41 Plymouth motor making this truck pretty easy to work on and parts arnt that hard to get.

it could be made into a great show truck or buy it to flip and make a quick buck if you want. its in Indiana ready to sell

alot of the part are off the truck but there inside the cab.

we were looking for $6000 because so much has already been put in the truck but any offers accepted.

this is a rare bird dont miss out!!

Edited by Studemac
price (see edit history)

Guest Studemac

i just love how simple they are. everything was made from a different car or parts you can get at the hardware store. its the pickup version of Jonny Cashes song one piece at a time!

• 2 months later...

I think Ebay is a good alternative, it gets the truck out in front of thousands of people. Use a good title, remembering that people don't search for the word "rare" so that's useless in a title, so "1956 Powell pick up truck Plymouth antique car automobile" will bring a lot of hits. Also, in the body of your description, list some other make and years of trucks that it's comparable to, thus people searching for those will see your truck too. Thus in the body, have "1950 1951 (and so forth) Ford Chevrolet Dodge".

If you feel lucky, start it at $1000 and be prepared to accept highest offer. If not comfortable, put a reserve of $5000 or whatever the least you feel comfortable with. You could list a "buy it now" and take offers, but that sure gets lowball guys after you...

Yes, I know it makes it a pain from a buyer/search standpoint, but I can tell you from a seller's standpoint it works.

• 2 years later...
Guest Mike Maloon
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2014 at 1:43 AM, keiser31 said:

Photos??

I know this is old but I am looking for a Powell truck

Mike 978-437-7165

• 1 year later...