The July Bugle

MrEarl

I see that Bill has placed the July issue of the eBugle on the BCA website.THANKS Bill !!! Directions for accessing it are at The Buick Bugle.

What a great story Jerry Courson relayed from the owners of Bennet Brothers Buick (page 16). Loved the read and what a great array of pictures of over the years. One in particular showing the 1954 SPRING FASHION SHOW and the lil 4 door sedan. Man, would I love to have a copy of that.

Another picture I found interesting is of the drive through door on the right of the building. Is that a swinging door and how the heck did it work. As heavy as it looks, it had to have some sort of support from the top. Thanks for great write up Jerry!!!!!

I'd also like to mention the new monthly article yours truly will be doing, "What's Happening on the Forum - MrEarls Pick of the Month" (page 12) Siting a somewhat lag in the forum postings of late, I wanted to resurrect the Forum Hot Topics that Pete ran a few times last year with hopes of drawing in new forum members from the Bugle readership. And realizing not all who read the Bugle are computer savvy, I also wanted to make the articles complete and interesting in and of themselves. Doing that is not that easy because many of the most interesting articles, especially the technical ones, are several pages long. So I have to consider ones that are short and sweet but yet interesting. I also have to edit out some posts or portions of posts. I will be covering the Post War and Pre War with technical threads the first couple of months then on to General, Me and My Buick, Performance/Modified, Opel, Reatta and Riveria (NOT necessarily in that order).

and I have got to say (again) it is a pleasure working with Cindy Livingston, the person who takes the mess Pete and I (and others) send and puts it all together in such a great magazine.;) She is so patient with helping me trim articles and pictures to fit. Also thanks to Pete for devoting a page for us. He understands the need for and benefit of the positive relationship between the forum and general membership in order to help keep the BCA growing.

Please post any feedback as to if you think this is worthwhile or any other comments suggestions.

Tha's enough from me, anybody else care to enter the discussion of this months Bugle...

I must be doing something wrong. I can open the link, and see the page with the last three Bugles on it, but when I try to open the July Bugle I get a message that I have to download the latest version of Java, and even after I do that, and checked to make sure Java was enabled, I get a message saying the Bugle page can't be found. And I still have not received the last hard copy Bugle. Frustrating experience to say the least.

John,

Earlier in the year, I had the same problem with the same error message. I finally got into reloading Flash player and it resolved the problem. But I am not sure of the details. I had both an Adobe and Java message at various attempts. Wish I could tell you more. Good Luck.

John

This was a super nice month for the Bugle. I also like the old history of old dealerships, and the people who ran them. It would be nice to hear from some customers who purchased cars from them.

Totally agree with Mike on the scoop of what is happening on the forum. Pete did something on that in the past and it was always interesting. There is a wealth of knowledge there.

Chuck

Chuck,

I guess mine is too new, but while working on the article, I ended up buying a 2011 super low mileage Lacrosse from Wallingford Buick. So far, very good result. And I can say the close customer relationship is still important to them.

John

Daahhhoooo, Me and Willy is famous again. Must be we said something smart. ;) I just received my hard copy yesterday, so I only had time to thumb though it. Looks like another Fine Bugle. It is a great Idea to have a monthly page of what is happening on the forum in the Bugle. Excellent Job folks. :cool: Dandy Dave!

This July issue is very interesting. I've been to the Wallingford dealership for the Yankee Chapter shows. They are like mini National Meets. Also we've been to Bennetts in wayland, what with Guy and Anita Bennett being very active organizers and members of the Finger Lakes Chapter, to whom I used to belong. I only wish I was not incorrect in my internet diagnosis in front of the entire club.

Great issue....again.

I walked to the mailbox after a long day working outside and immediately found a nice comfortable chair outside and read it cover to cover. As usual the articles are well written, organized, interesting and the photos are fantastic too. I've reread the 1924 Buick article a few times already and learned a lot more about the early Buicks. Last but not least......The 'What's happening' page is great. The discussion about the ballast resistor will jog our memory and save countless hours in troubleshooting. Thanks again to all who contribute to the Buick Bugle.

I only wish I was not incorrect in my internet diagnosis in front of the entire club.

Sorry JD. I left your diagnosis because it "could have" been correct and your as well as others responses made the read more interesting. I think editing down to a question and dead ass correct answer format would get boring.

Thanks for the positive responses re "Wha's happening"

Jerry C, still wondering about how that big drive through door functions.:) and don't suppose there would be a chance in getting the Bennets to autograph an 8X10 of the 54 Spring Fashion Show pic would it. Would be glad to compensate them...:D