MINI Cooper == RENTAL Weekend Drive

1937hd45

Guest billybird

My daughter has a 2011 we bought new for her on her 16th birthday. 6 speed manual. The car is fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. If I was going to rent one though, I would consider the John Cooper Works. This is the turbo charged model with 200 plus horsepower!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shadetree77

Never driven one from the dealer but last year my wife and I rented one from Enterprise. It was an automatic with that optional semi automatic shifting thing on it. Pretty fun to drive. Really weird inside with that GIGANTIC speedometer in the middle of the dash and the color changing lighting. It was fun though. Felt like driving a REALLY fast go-cart. A lot roomier than you would expect. I'm 6'2 and 300 lbs and I fit great.

Guest shadetree77

To my knowledge it was just a regular Enterprise branch. I didn't think to ask how they came to have a Mini available. We actually went in there for a regular old car and they offered us the Mini for a few dollars more so we did it. I think they did consider it a sports car though as laughable as that may seem. Those things are pretty quick. I agree, the wife and I always use Enterprise. Although lately, the branches that offer unlimited mileage are getting hard to find.

I was in Pennsylvania a couple of weeks ago and Enterprise Rent A Car gave me a new Fiat 500 for my "economy car" rental (read: cheapest available). It was really a lot of fun to drive and more of a car than I thought it would be. It had the optional paddle shift transmission which was fun to play with as well.

I was in Pennsylvania a couple of weeks ago and Enterprise Rent A Car gave me a new Fiat 500 for my "economy car" rental (read: cheapest available). It was really a lot of fun to drive and more of a car than I thought it would be. It had the optional paddle shift transmission which was fun to play with as well.

That would be an excellent second choice for Bob! Probably even harder to find one to rent these days, though. And an "Abarth" model too, of course, would be most preferable...

Speaking of which--I saw a *real* Abarth on the Merritt Parkway a few mornings ago--and amazingly enough, I had my camera handy. He was headed south, about to cross the Sikorsky bridge:

post-34222-143139120108_thumb.jpg

The only disappointment was that it was not as *loud* as I expected it to be--the owner probably got tired of getting pulled over and put a real muffler on it...

Be careful playing with that paddle too much, by the way, you could go blind.

NEVER they have horrable bumper stickers. Bob

I'm going to Dayton's (OH) British Car Day show tomorrow. There's a "new" (now about 10 years old) Mini Cooper that I see there almost every year. It has a small bumper sticker that is placed strategically on the rear package shelf, facing upwards. Only large trucks and SUVs would ever see it on the road.

It reads "Size Doesn't Matter":D

I'm going to Dayton's (OH) British Car Day show tomorrow. There's a "new" (now about 10 years old) Mini Cooper that I see there almost every year. It has a small bumper sticker that is placed strategically on the rear package shelf, facing upwards. Only large trucks and SUVs would ever see it on the road.

It reads "Size Doesn't Matter":D

I've also seen "Actual Size" decals on a few late-model MINIs in this area. Good sense of humor.

Guest Kingoftheroad

I still see a few Minis running around with a flag on the roof, a British flag on the last one I saw.

I heard thats not an option any more, true ??

• 2 years later...

That Enterprise "pick you up"ad is bogus. I ended having to take a bus after I returned the car. I reserved it online and was dropped off to pick it up. I punched inthat I was in Palm Springs and the agency was in the next town south. The lady was quite rude and told me to take the bus. I may take the bus next time and forget the rental.