Judging

jonlabree

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why are Reatta's penalized for white walls?</div></div>

Bad taste? tongue.gif

It depends on the show. If it is a BCA meet, 1 point per tire will be deducted for non-original "type" of tire. If you also change sizes, 1 additional point per tire will be deducted for non-original "size".

There is no exception....on any year Buick, if they were not available as OEM, then they are not original. A 1948 Buick with RWL tires will get deductions.

However, if you enter your Reatta in the Modified class, no points will be deducted for the wrong tire or size.

Your choice.

I have a copy of the judging form here. Under CHASSIS, there are two lines, one reads NON-AUTHENTIC TIRE TYPE, the other NON-AUTHENTIC TIRE SIZE.

This past year there was a request to change the rules and allow radial tires on cars that did not come with them and this was not allowed.

In the judging manual, page 13 under tire size, part of the instruction reads like this " A non-authentic tire size includes an obviously incorrect (more than 1/2 inch variation from factory)whitewall width.

So if they deduct for the wrong size of whitewall, a whitewall on a car that did not offer them would be more than 1/2 inch variation.

I am leaving town and won't have time to go to the other forum and find the discussion at this time.

Have a great holiday Barney. I still rembember buying those fancy aluminum valve stem covers for Lincolnshire, and going through the garbage when I got home to find the old ones.

Guest HessLakeGuy

Barney Eaton used to have those gray covers with him at all the shows. I am not sure if he still brings those or not. I think there are at least two different styles of these things.

Tom