Karl Kleve auction by Kruse in Cincinnai

M_Herd

Looked at the photos on the Kruse site, what a nightmare. Assuming you were brave enough to buy something how on earth would you retrieve your prize? Looks like the cars were fed into a giant blender and now have fun trying to sort out what parts go with which car. How many trips would you have to make to get your car, how long would you stand inline on the day after the sale and then find you didn't have the tools to chain the car together so you could drag it on your trailer. Does 15% buyers premium mean a 15% discount tongue.gif?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With 3191 posts to your credit one would assume that you could get to www.kruse.com without much effort. I really did not want to help Kruse in any way. </div></div>

Really? If you say so. grin.gif The Bug engines should be the highlight of that sale.

You have something against Kruse? I'm not a fan but they wouldn't be in business if no one wanted the service they provide. As to the auction, yea it looks like a mess. I suggest no one go, except me of course. Sure would like to have that Bugatti engine, certainly don't need it, but I sure would love to own it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With 3191 posts to your credit one would assume that you could get to www.kruse.com without much effort. I really did not want to help Kruse in any way. </div></div>

Hardon: Think of it as helping fellow forum members then. This type of auction, albeit a mess, is of great importance with a LOT of stuff that may look like junk, but in reality quite rare and valuable. I know of a forum member who has a Duesenberg with an authentic body but a reproduction chassis and no engine. I'm sure he is very interested in the authentic chassis and engine in this auction: J-102, the second oldest Model J engine that exists!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div> You have something against Kruse?

Where are you coming from with that remark Restorer 32? confused.gifmad.gif Where in my post can you find anything from which to draw that inference? confused.gif

I said nothing about Kruse.

Possibly you were directing your comment at someone else? confused.gif

hvs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does/did anyone know this fellow Karl Kleve?

Got to believe he was an interesting fellow. </div></div>

Ditto on that question! That guy sure had great taste in automobiles, makes you wonder how many other collections like his are still out there. The Bugatti stuff is unbelieveable. grin.gif

Its too bad the auction is on a Monday. Its only a couple hour drive for me but I am a little short on vacation.

I hope someone from this group goes to fill us in on the details.

Restorer32 ~ I see what is happening. You are posting your reply to the last post on the thread instead of going back to the actual post to which you are responding. Clicking on the REPLY block on the actual post in question will eliminate misunderstandings of your message and intent.

hvs smirk.gifsmirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I understand, I never was good with technical stuff. </div></div>

Sounds like you are a top notch auto body guy. You only need working headlights at night, just about all shows are during the day. grin.gif

It's not a restoration unless all of the mechanical systems are put in top notch condition first. Believe me, for the professional restorer it's usually the customers who want you to scrimp on the mechanical restoration and spend your time on the cosmetic. Of course down the line when their pride and joy leaks various fluids on their garage floor their recollection of what they told you they wanted changes.

Right, Restorer32, and when someone asks the owner "Who did your car" it would be your reputation that would suffer. I'm guessing you insist on doing it right or not at all.

hvs smile.gif