Name Bill Stoneberg's car

old-tank

Guest my3buicks

Well, it's red and possessed, how about sticking close to it's roots and calling it Lucifer.

I like the joke the guy used from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

His daughter came in with here new playmate--wearing all black clothes, lipstick, fingernail polish and white powdered face. She said her name was Lucy. Bill said 'hello Lucy-fer!"

Joe

Guest 53Nailhead

I think Ron wants good names to cast out the demons, but I kinda like the way this thread has gone. My choice would be 'Numen', its big, round, red & stubborn. Or how 'bout 'Mischief', "Malice", Or maybe 'Trixs'. This is alot of fun, sorry Bill, by the time I get there we could be naming mine!!!

Les

Guest imported_MrEarl

no, no, no. It had to be "The Devil in Mrs Jones" to have caused all this rigamaro. So it will be interesting to hear what evil goings ons happen at Dougs while she is there for repairs. Does Doug also perform excorcisms. Calling Father Buick, your help is needed in the mid west to save Mrs Jones.

Well it was a FORD: <span style="font-weight: bold">F</span>ound <span style="font-weight: bold">O</span>n <span style="font-weight: bold">R</span>oad <span style="font-weight: bold">D</span>ead.

Next time you see it call it a Ford and maybe it will be good.

Willie

Guest imported_Thriller

Nemesis...

Money Pit...(Pit for short)

PITA...

Or, like my cars and their seemingly never-ending stories...Unfixable

Sorry...just venting...we get 6 months of winter where I can't easily work in uninsulated garages and now that I have time off work, we are hitting around 90 with a humidex...sigh...I need a better place to work on my cars.

I here ya, Thriller. Not much different here in Minnesnowta. But July has been a big improvement over June, when it rained about 4 days out of every week. It's been a little less humid, too. So I go out to work on the boat and the car this week, and both of them had worthless batteries. The one in the car is all of a year old. The one in the boat was "old faithful" for eight years but decided to crap out at last. The car battery is an Exide. I can't tell you how many of those worthless things I've gone through. At least it was fully under warrantee, so the replacement didn't cost anything--but that's probably about what it's worth.

I've heard that pretty much any lead-acid battery you buy now is manufactured by one of two companies, Exide being one. Maybe I should switch to the other one, but I don't know who it is.

I've had pretty good luck with cars overall, but my nemesis seems to be batteries. They just don't like me.

As long as this is a thread about common and uncommon maintenance woes, does anyone have some tips on finding really good batteries?

BTW, I was going to suggest naming Bill's car "Christine" even before he left, when it tried to run him over. I'm glad I didn't or he might've accused me of jinxing his trip. Say Bill, you didn't say anything bad about her before all this started happening did you? Does her radio start playing oldies songs all by itself?

Whatever name you pick, I think it should be female. grin.gif

I have been using Battery Tender trickle chargers (one 6V & one 12V) between my vehicles. I have 2 cars that are 6V and 2 that are 12V. I put them on for about a week, then switch to the other for a week. I used to have battery problems and slow cranking starters due to the battery being low. This way they are completely charged and crank over great. I think that keeping the batteries fully charged also prolongs the life of them.

Woody Michel

BCA 26487

Woody, I do the same thing as you. I just took a Interstate battery out of service after 13 years and 5 months and it still read 12.74 volts. I pulled the caps and the battery was bone dry. It's end of life had to be soon, rather switch it out now then get stuck somewhere.