Brake Drums for 1951 Super Estate Wagon

Centurion

One of my local Buick friends owns an original 1951 Buick Super Estate Wagon that he will be driving to a woody meet in California this summer. The original brake drums have been turned as many times as possible, and he's been advised that a new set of brake drums is needed. Can anyone point us to the appropriate sources for new replacements or excellent used brake drums? Did the Roadmaster series cars utilize the same drums as the Supers?

Thanks for your help.

There is a gentleman name Keith something up in your part of the woods that seem to have lots of Buick Parts. Also Buick World seems to have a lot of that stuff.

I have a set of driums from a 50 that would be usable (I think) if you want to pay shipping.

Other then those places, how about Katners ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BernieDaily

I had a 1956 Olds that needed brake drums. The originals were a two piece afiar that were hard to find. I did some research and found late 1960's Olds rear brakes were the same dimensions. The wheel bolt patern was 5 X 5 aand the only thing keeping them from going on was a flare on the edge of the drum. A machine shop trimmed the drums up in a lathe and I was on the road again. The research is not hard and very rewarding.

Bernie

• 2 weeks later...