Looking for a "drip pan"

DugsSin

Sometimes if you just want something that's not too heavy duty, you might find something that will work in the cooking/kitchen sections of some grocery stores or discount stores. I bought one of the galvanized ones several years ago at a Checker's Auto Supply that was near my shadetree shop. I looked through the end cap display where they were and found the cheapest one as there were different prices on the same size items.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

Does anyone know of a source for the large (2'x4') "cookie sheet" pans that car museums use to catch the drips from their cars?<P>Thanks.

Look in the phone book under "restaurant equipment." Most every city has one of these stores. I got a stack of the sheets you're talking about for three bux each. They're one piece, die-formed so no seams to leak. Even have a rolled lip around the top. <BR>These stores have a ton of cool stuff that can be used in the garage--heavy duty strainers, stainless steel pans and trays of every description, used stainless counter tops and tables, etc. (though they all seem to be reeaal proud of their stainless tables and sinks--you'd think they're made of platinum! The rest is real affordable)<BR>-Brad