Paul Meyer

Bill Darrow

Jody Sorensen

Scott Anderson

From the Radisson for the Nationals presentation:

Stephanie Gomez

Carlos Barret

Hi everyone,

My apologies as I was going to post the itinerary but I seem to have misplaced it! I think someone else in the club may have a copy locally so I'll get one and post it.

As far as the 2007 meet, both the Seattle and Orange County Chapters gave very nice presentations. I'm a little biased since Orange county is only an hour from me, but they were both very good and had alot of usefull information. I believe the Board will vote on the location at the national meet this summer in Batavia.

Let me see what other information I can get from the board to post here (like the itinerary!). I think they should be posting all of that stuff here before they meet so we all know what's going on and could email any questions or viewpoints in to our respective Board members to carry the torch for us. I know I had a short discussion with Pat Brooks about the Internet and on-line items and it seems they are still hedged towards the view that "alot of members are not on-line". I pointed out that this is the future and it grows every day so they need to address it now, not after the fact...we'll see how it all goes, but we can always bug Roberta to post things for us for the on-line community to share! cool.gif

Guest my3buicks

I personally think that the cross-section of the members on the this web-board are probably not a good representation of the entire BCA membership at this time. While I think using the board more is very important, and your idea's are sound John, I again don't think this board would speak for the whole of the BCA. I do think it certainly would be good for the web-board to be able to a least have an avenue for input until such time that more and more BCA members come aboard. A large portion of the current BCA membership just are not computer savvy yet. All we can do is keep pushing the site and hope slowly but surely we pull in more members. I still think this site is the best kept secret in the BCA.

What is sad Keith is that when you go to a board meeting the cross section represented is far less than what is on the internet sites! I think we both agree it's time for the web to be included in alot more stuff because it is a real way to communicate and it's growth is outrageous. I agree that at this point soliciting things from the internet may not be a good idea but the information to keep us informed should be here. They already pay for this so it's no additional cost to keep a nice size chunk of the membership informed, especially since most of us here are the "active" members in the BCA! As I stated, we share the info here and if a club or individual has issues with it they find a board member to chat with. Same thing we do with gov. representatives.

I know the board and what they did was just a mystical thing to me until this meeting in San Diego as I have never seen anything published from them besides the snippets in some of the writings that come out here and there. This would be a great avenue for distribution since I would think that all of the clubs have some representation here and they could carry information back to the rest of their group at no cost to the BCA as opposed to mailings, etc. :-) I know that is what we are about to start doing. We know folks cannot all be online so we're going to harvest information from here and get it to our members that are not online or Internet savvy.

I also think they need to revisit the option of paying dues online :-) but that is another whole thread!

Guest my3buicks

I would like to see the board minutes posted much quicker onto the website - it took much effert to get over that hurtle to even get them posted. It amazes me all the more people that show up at the board meetings - I find them interesting, and more importantly I can see and get a flovor of where the board memmbers really stands on issues - much more so than reading minutes.

We are driving back to Texas from San Diago and made Las Cruces NM tonight.

It is great to see this information posted for all viewers. The San Diago club did a great job setting up the meeting. It is always a shame that more members do not come and see the board in action.....it is pretty boring but very informative. I don't have the agenda in front of me but there were 24-25 items. We started at 1:00pm and finished about 5:30. With only 3-4 meeting each year, the meeting last longer than most visitors can handle, sometimes like sitting through a bad movie, but all necessary. The two clubs presented their 2007 information and will do it again in Batavia...those consumed about 50-60 minutes.

Pete Phillips, the secretary, must review his notes and the tapes then compose the formal meeting minutes. In some ways it seems unfair that a board member should be doing this and trying to consentrate on the activites of the meeting.

One of the difficult items is determining who made a motion, then who it must be seconded and in most cases that is determined from the voice on tape. Pete is doing a great job. He is also going to school and working this into his schedule.

Hey John: A great post and the pictures were great. Could I use one for the Bugle??? How do we do that??? Could you send it directly to the Bugle Editor after deciding which to use??? Why I am I shown working so hard in the pictures?? This is the first time the Board has been covered in live action while the Board meeting was going on. Is this like a high profile trial on television or not!!!! Patrick W. Brooks, President, BCA

Ha!

I can show you at rest too!!

05-big3-12.jpg

See how sneaky we are! hehehe

yes you decide what picture you want to use and I can send the higher resolution version to whomever you would like so they can make it suitable for print.

btw, I posted all the pictures (at a lower res) I had from the two day event at our club website:

San Diego BCA Chapter Web Site

The Pictures are under the events section on the upper left of the first page. I did get a couple of overhead shots of everyone on break. Being the jokester of the group I though you could take those two, blow them up, and play name that board member from the tops of their heads! hehehe

It was great to meet and support the board, Mike Book, and the other Buick Ethusiasts in San Diego. We missed Roberta and the better half of the BCA Office (Nancy!).

cool.gif