What's your Reatta's name?

ALF1

Just perusing the general forum and came across a thread on what readers have named their cars. I added THE BLACK RAT for our ebony '90 convertible. Yours?

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span> cool.gif

And a great New Year to you all!

Guest imported_Reallate50s

I call mine "The Knucklebuster." Hopefully it will soon change into something less painful.

Its been collectively christened by my daughters (3) "Dad's latest Money Pit." (The single thing upon which they can presently agree.) crazy.gif

Dave Winkler

89 Silver/Grey; 228K

Lansing, MI

Guest wally888

I call it tha car. Wife says old worn out obsolete car.

She still has a hang up about the brakes (had 2 89's) but this one, our only car, is a 91 coupe.

Maybe her attitude is because I made her sell her Caddy to make room in the garage. We drive less than 5 k miles a year. She drives about 50 miles of the 5 k.

She'll really be upset if I buy a matching 90 conv. that may be coming on the market!

Virginia Tag "WRAITTH". From the 1988 Charlie Sheen movie

"The Wraith". In which he played "Jake Keesee" a ghost who drove a

"Dodge Turbo Interceptor". Also made by "PPG Industries"!

I aquired my Reatta from a "Kurt Keesee".

Too Weird... Also my favorite car movie!

hhhmmm... Think I'll start a new Thread.

Guest imported_dantm4

My girlfriend calls it a deathtrap, does that count? -she really has no reason to do this, since I've now figured out the brakes work quite nicely, but maybe she doubts my mechanical skill?

-Dan

It's gotta be "Reatta Stupid.. My wife and I drive down the

street and when folks rubber neck she always says "Its a Reatta stupid"

Hence the name......just dont have the heart to tell her that they are looking

at the one eye that she has in the middle of her [color:\\"blue\\"] forehead.....Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.......... [color:\\"red\\"] Happy New Year Everyone

My husband and I call my 1990 claret red, "Reuben". The color reminds me of corned beef! My 1989 (which I just sold in September) was named "Miles" because he had low miles on him.

I didn't get the Polo green 1991 I was hoping for under my tree this year...Did anyone give/receive a Reatta for Christmas?

Happy New Year!

CTR

Sure , someone gave Nancy Eaton a '91 Reatta Coupe for Christmas and that someone was Barney ! What a gift ! Congratulations Nancy 1 Hope you have many happy hours in it !

cool.gifsmile.gifcool.gif

Danny Walker

'90 Reatta Convertible

Red / Tan / Tan W/Black Mldg.

16-Way Seats & C.D.Player

105,000 miles & Still going strong

Hey, Barney, what's wrong with a toaster oven? Or a Kirby? Damn, you start giving women big presents like cars and the first thing you know they wannna shave their legs and vote and have opinions and stuff like that....

Think what you're doin' to your fellow man!

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span> mad.gif

I've named my Reatta , "Lil' Redvert". It's the most comfortable car I've ever driven and I've owned several "collector cars". A 1955 T-Bird , A 1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible V-12 , A 1930 Ford Model "A" Briggs Body Town Sedan , A 1957 Plymouth Sport Fury (with a Hemi Engine) and a fully restored 1952 Ford "Custom Cab" Pick up Truck (with a 327 Chevy Engine & Turbo 400 Tranny).

cool.gifsmile.gifcool.gifgrin.gif

Danny Walker

'90 Reatta Convertible

Red / Tan / Tan W/Black Mldg.

16-Way Seats & C.D.Player

105,000 miles & still going strong

Guest dukeofo

My 90 Maui blue convertible has been christened: Baybee

It's been tough getting vanity license plates, but so far have managed OK

Bay bee9 in IL

Baybee2 in KS

Baybe2 in MO

I think I'm stuck in MO now....... although this winter may change that..... Baybee is outside under cover, because there's a 83 Riv in hanger needing some top repair before she can be parked outside.

That's no way to treat a Baybee.............. frown.gif

The 90 Black convert. is called "The convertible"

But that is only because it is the latest in a long line of convertibles the garage has held, (2) 61 Electra 225's, (2)62 Skylarks, an 84 Riviera, all being known by The Convertible.

The license says 2SEATER.

Dale

I have about 35 Cars, Reattas and other collectibles, but never named any them and didn't plan on responding to this thread but I was lying in bed the other night and the wife was far on the other side so I had nothing else to do but think of Reattas and that is when I realized I have names for all of the Reattas I have purchased over the years.

Here are a few of them

Green OKC, Hammond burn, Dawn, Daryl, Dallas, Det conv, Mac, Desm 90, Driftwood, Mo, barn 89, B89, Jane, Neb, Misgen, Donat, Irriv, Phil, Brian, Gold, Lo-mi, Hi-mi

I also agree with Jerry, Barney is setting a bad precedence but I am happy for Nancy

An old car freak friend of mine has calls mine a "Regatta" even though I have corrected him many time that it is "Reatta there is no G in it" After several year I have just given up and it is a the "Regatta"

But I call his new Cadlliac an"Escapade" and he just is getting use to it.

i get the same "regatta" all the time as well even from another buick fan which he even made an offer to buy it and he didnt even know the real name!

but there is no selling on this car at all anytime in the near future! but i like to call it the buick or my badazzbuick!

Guest Greg Ross

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My Reatta has many names but the ones I use most often are, "Piece of Sh*t" , " Mother f'er" , " Damn Car", and "Piece of Junk"

--------------------

'89 Black/Gray

120k, (awaiting the next repair)

Daily Driver, Daily Headache </div></div>

You's got a reel bad attitude dude, perhaps you should consider some other more reliable mode of transportation, a Bus perhaps! smirk.gif

Guest Reatta1

The way 4REAL sounds with that reference, it must be the way he drives it. Black Beauty gives me no trouble whether I drive her a little or a lot. You gots to treat em with respect!!!

I love the Reatta like everyone else here, I just choose not to talk it up all the time. Rather I think it should be know it's NOT a car for the average buyer/consumer like myself. No need to debate this as it has been done numerous times on here, I just wanted to address those giving me flak. Heck I'll prob. keep my Reatta forever as it isn't worth sh*t anyway; I refuse to let it defeat me! As for my g/f she's not near has high maintenance as my Reatta.

• 3 weeks later...

When we bought it we just called it <span style="font-style: italic">"The Reatta"</span>. Then after about 2 weeks and $1500 worth of dealer service that didn't fix anything it was dubbed <span style="font-style: italic">"The Regretta"</span>. Then after another 2 years of fixing retarded problems like I've never seen before it became <span style="font-style: italic">"The Retarda"</span>. One year after that, well, we just sold it. My wife liked it but it proved itself time and time again not to be a reliable daily driver. It was a neat car to say the least but required more work than it was worth imo.