Need ID for 1936 Studebaker Emblem

TexRiv_63

I am trying to confirm the ID and original application for this 1936 Studebaker enamel emblem. This is 2 1/8" in diameter with the circular texturing behind the name starting at the top, the commonly used versions for the grille and trunk lid are larger with the texturing starting at the bottom. The rear mounting was a center stud plus a soldered on metal tab. One source suggested this was used on a horn button but not sure. TIA for any help.

stu3543a.jpg

stu3543c.jpg

stu3543f.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Tex,

Many years ago I had a 1938 President and it wore one of those emblems on the grille. I can't find a picture of mine but here is a couple of period images. 

1938STUdebakersedan001.thumb.jpg.0c986e5324fd8cefe3f7469455dc8b54.jpg

aa7201.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not used as a horn button.  The larger red ball emblem was used on the grilles on '36-38.  There may have been variations to the mounting attachments on the back depending on the year.  When used on President models, PRESIDENT is spelled out below the TUDEBAKER letters.

Thanks for the info but you are all referring to the larger 2 3/4" diameter emblems which were used on the grille and trunk. The specific emblem I am referring to is smaller at 2 1/8" diameter and also differs as to where the circular pattern behind the enamel starts, here is another picture:

stu3543h.jpg

1936 & '37 must be different from the 1938's.

The 'bullseye' is at roughly the 4 o'clock position below the lettering on the 1938 emblem, and the one the poster here is trying to identify is at the 12 o'clock position above the lettering.

I posted photos of a couple of '37's here:  Friday ASC Tour - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1