Submerged Car

Highgrader

We located a vehicle in 50 feet of water in Northern Ontario.  We have ID'd it as a REO (from the hub caps and dash) and it has a side mounted spare.  A few minutes into the video, I clean off the tail light and I have yet to be able to associate that tail light with any vehicle.  I was looking for help to pin down a year and model.

• Like 2

Yeah, it looks like somebody's Flying Cloud went swimming! How close are these waters to a U.S. state? I know quite a few cars were lost crossing the ice between Michigan and Ontario via the Ste. Claire & Detroit rivers and amongst the islands across northern Lake Huron  during Prohibition. Then there is always the guy who wants to be first out on the ice to fish...

A 1929 Flying Cloud for comparison:

299.webp

• Like 3

Cool video 

Thanks for sharing 

I would have pulled the tail light off of it. It’s cool looking and the glass lens is probably one of the few things salvageable.

It would be a cool story for a part on a car. 

John

1 hour ago, JohnS25 said:

Cool video 

Thanks for sharing 

I would have pulled the tail light off of it. It’s cool looking and the glass lens is probably one of the few things salvageable.

It would be a cool story for a part on a car. 

John

Divers may have "codes" they follow that governs what they can or can't do when coming upon something like this.  May not ethically be able to "salvage" relics.

• Thanks 1