For Sale: 1928 Chevrolet National 2dr Sedan - $11,500 - Newalla, OK - Not Mine

For Sale: 1928 Chevrolet National 2dr Sedan - $11,500 - Newalla, OK

1928 Chevrolet for sale by owner - Norman, OK - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1928 Chevrolet National 2 door. New windshield, tires and tubes, seat covers, complete wiring, axel seals and lots more! Rebuilt carburetor, water pump, gauges, fuel gauge, and much more as well. Runs and drives nice. Starts up easy. It’s not a perfect show car but a nice driver that you could take further if you wanted! Clear title of course. Asking $11,500 or best cash offer.
Contact: Call or Text RON PALMER (405) 8-2-six-9-1-fifty, Thanks
Copy and paste in your email: 746e56f495a034c1896e09b912366b06@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1928 Chevrolet National 2dr Sedan.

'28 Chevrolet national OK a.jpg

'28 Chevrolet national OK b.jpg

'28 Chevrolet national OK c.jpg

'28 Chevrolet national OK d.jpg

'28 Chevrolet national OK e.jpg

'28 Chevrolet national OK f.jpg

'28 Chevrolet national OK g.jpg

'28 Chevrolet national OK h.jpg

'28 Chevrolet national OK i.jpg

Appears the radiator surround and headlight trim has been treated with brush on chrome.  Park it outside your local John Deere dealership and it will look right at home.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly? I believe the 1928 as well as a few other mid 1920s years Chevrolet radiator shells and headlamp rims were polished aluminum. Good originals can be difficult to find and get. A few year and model shells were reproduced some years back. I don't know if any of those are kicking around these days or not. How these are finished on this car I cannot tell from the photos.

And I agree that those yellow wheels aren't helping the car any. Unless you are into John Deere tractors.

Otherwise, it generally looks like a pretty decent four cylinder Chevrolet. And I know several people that love driving and touring with these cars. Between the front wheel brakes added for 1928 and some improvement in the engine's breathing, the 1928 is one of the best four cylinder 1920s Chevy cars to drive.

Edited by wayne sheldon
I hate leaving typos! (see edit history)

Definitely the best 4 cylinder year...performance and driving similar to a Model A, where as the previous years were "T" -like to drive, but with conventional controls.