For Sale: 1960 Ford Thunderbird Coupe w/manually operated sunroof, 89K miles - $15,200 - Syracuse, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1960 Ford Thunderbird Coupe w/manually operated sunroof, 89K miles - $15,200 - Syracuse, NY 

1960 ford thunderbird coupe for sale by owner - Syracuse, NY - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1960 Ford Thunderbird coupe with manually operated sunroof. Really good body and mechanical condition. Mostly kept in garage. Put $10k in mechanical upgrades in 2023. Senior citizen, getting too old to enjoy. odometer: 89,000.
Copy and paste in your email: 70770fc13edd3bceb2f4e8a08540e1f3@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1960 Ford Thunderbird Coupe with manually operated sunroof.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 2,536 1960 Ford Thunderbird Coupes built with a manually operated sunroof.

'60 Ford Thunderbird  NY a.jpg

'60 Ford Thunderbird  NY b.jpg

'60 Ford Thunderbird  NY c.jpg

'60 Ford Thunderbird  NY d.jpg

'60 Ford Thunderbird  NY e.jpg

'60 Ford Thunderbird  NY f.jpg

'60 Ford Thunderbird  NY g.jpg

• Like 4

This in one rare Bird by virtue of the factory sunroof. This was a one year only option for 1960 and was pretty much a sales flop. If you look closely at the windshield there is trim above it that I believe was put there to control the wind coming over the top and into the car. A bit odd that they didn't take the pictures with the wheel covers installed. Looks to be in pretty nice shape overall.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 5

FWIW, I haven't seen this one at any of the cruise-ins I have attended.  With the sunroof as a distinguishing feature, I'm surprised they didn't provide a picture showing it off...

• Like 3

I can't recall ever seeing one of these in the past. That roof trim doesn't really add to the looks of the car and may be the reason for not having seen one. 

Anyone know what the sales numbers were for the  T-bird's with this option?

1 hour ago, Fossil said:

I can't recall ever seeing one of these in the past. That roof trim doesn't really add to the looks of the car and may be the reason for not having seen one. 

Anyone know what the sales numbers were for the  T-bird's with this option?

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 2,536 1960 Ford Thunderbird Coupes built with a manually operated sunroof.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TexRiv_63 said:

How did the sunroof operate - with a hand crank

There is a winged or T handle knob in the middle front.  Twist it half a turn and the rear of the insert is lowered below the roof.  
Then slide it back and twist the handle to lock it in place. 

Want it open at any other point? Stop sliding and twist the knob to hold it at that position.  

• Thanks 3