For Sale: 1963 Ford Falcon Deluxe 4dr station wagon, 170 6-cyl. factory 4-speed - Elizabethton, TN - $6,500 - Not Mine

For Sale: 1963 Ford Falcon Deluxe 4dr station wagon, 170 6-cyl. factory 4-speed - $6,500 - Elizabethton, TN

1963 ford falcon wagon for sale by owner - Elizabethton, TN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1963 Ford Falcon station wagon. 170 6-cylinder factory 4 speed. New tires, brakes, radiator. Needs little interior work. $6500
Copy and paste in your email: 138e64350d4c3e268047ab57b0cd30f4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Ford Falcon Deluxe 4dr station wagon.

'63 Ford Falcon station wagon TN a.jpg

'63 Ford Falcon station wagon TN b.jpg

'63 Ford Falcon station wagon TN c.jpg

'63 Ford Falcon station wagon TN d.jpg

'63 Ford Falcon station wagon TN e.jpg

'63 Ford Falcon station wagon TN f.jpg

'63 Ford Falcon station wagon TN g.jpg

'63 Ford Falcon station wagon TN h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
forgot the price in title (see edit history)
  • Like 6

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1963 Ford Falcon Deluxe 4dr station wagon, 170 6-cyl. factory 4-speed - Elizabethton, TN - $6,500 - Not Mine

Cool with the four-speed.

Auto-Krafters can probably supply about anything needed, but this is one you have to ask if it's too far gone to be cost-effective at asking price.

I'm gonna hazard a guess it wasn't originally red. Going by the trim masking it may have visited Mr Scheib sometime in its 60 years on earth.

• Like 4

Looks like it was originally red. Looking at the door sills and the inner's when the doors are open. Probably just faded bad and new coat put on top. Cute little wagon, if someone wanted a old beater this may fill the bill. Otherwise its pretty rough all in all.

• Like 3

I'm not at all familiar with these cars.  I'm looking at the tranny shifter coming through the hump in the floorboard.  Would a factory 4-speed transmission have been an option on an economy car like this with a 170 cubic inch inline six?

I would have imagined that the shifter, whether for an automatic or a manual transmission, would have been on the column.  I was hoping to get a look at the right side of the steering column to see if there was evidence of a former shifter location.  No such photo to offer that view.

In this era of the American automobile, I would have figured that the 4-speed manual transmission would have been an option for more performance-oriented models, rather than a somewhat Spartan 6 cylinder station wagon.

According to The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states for 1963 Falcons under "Popular Falcon options included the 170 cid six-cylinder engine ($137) .... Four speed manual transmission ($90 with six-cylinder or $188 with V8)".  Three-speed transmission shifters were on the column, four-speeds shifters on the floor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dosmo said:

I'm not at all familiar with these cars.  I'm looking at the tranny shifter coming through the hump in the floorboard.  Would a factory 4-speed transmission have been an option on an economy car like this with a 170 cubic inch inline six?

I would have imagined that the shifter, whether for an automatic or a manual transmission, would have been on the column.  I was hoping to get a look at the right side of the steering column to see if there was evidence of a former shifter location.  No such photo to offer that view.

In this era of the American automobile, I would have figured that the 4-speed manual transmission would have been an option for more performance-oriented models, rather than a somewhat Spartan 6 cylinder station wagon.

Here's some discussion on 4-speed Falcons. m-mman posted a page from the 62 Falcon sales material and gave a great explanation how a lowly Falcon got a 4-speed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Three-speed transmission shifters were on the column, four-speeds shifters on the floor.

EXCEPT the Falcon Club wagon (aka Econoline van) was available as a six with the Dagenham 4 speed ON THE COLUMN!!!   (Couldn’t put a floor shift in a van). 
Rare but they did exist.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, m-mman said:

EXCEPT the Falcon Club wagon (aka Econoline van) was available as a six with the Dagenham 4 speed ON THE COLUMN!!!   (Couldn’t put a floor shift in a van). 
Rare but they did exist.  

We were looking for a van to haul five kids, two adults, various numbers of neighborhood kids, and two dogs. Came across an early eighty's  Dodge van. Nicely appointed with plenty of room, economical six cylinder engine, and factory manual  transmission - floor shift. Don't remember if it was 3 or 4 speed, but it was rather peppy for a van and I liked it, but the wife didn't care for manual shift. End of Dodge.

Found a similar Ford with an automatic. Happy wife.

• Like 1

Price is not really out of line for this car if it were out west. I'd paint the top either red to match the body or white to help reflect the summer sun. Also, I'd add white walls to accent all the red.

Like others have said, most wagons were beat to death long ago. This one ain't too bad.

• Like 1

I really like this car and it is close enough that if I really wanted it I could go look at it. But I have more vehicles than I can handle now and don’t need another mouth to feed.