1950 CADILLAC COUPE, VERY NICE REPAINT, $7500

Seems unlikely to me that they will find a buyer at this stage of the project. 

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/calimesa-1950-cadillac-coupe-very-nice/7770321986.html

Body off resto that needs finishing. Chassis done, paint done, box's of restored parts. $3500 in y & z harnesses. Asking $7500 or trades.  (909) 528-7741

1950 CADILLAC COUPE, VERY NICE REPAINT, $7500 100A0A_eK8AsYQlfuq_0CI0hr_600x450.jpg00606_gJxhI2kjzHJ_0CI0hr_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Not nearly enough information. What model is it? Is the car complete with engine & trans? Where's the interior? Bumpers, grille, doors, glass, mouldings, trim? Would like to see pictures of those boxes of restored parts. Or is what's stated in the ad everything you get for $7500?

MAYBE he has all the parts (unlikely) but guaranteed he doesn’t have the instruction sheet.  

The biggest problem with these aborted projects is that you need a marque expert to be able to reassemble it.  

I played already with the idea to buy a 1950 parts car .I have a 1950 Cad cvt in good driving condition and here in Belgium you can't find anything .On the other hand i would like better a complete car and not a car that is taken apart .At this moment I have a problem with the hydraulics , the pump does not work good .I am also not sure this car has hydraulically operated windows and seats .Nothing to see .Not even the motor etc..

First thing I noticed when I saw the ad is how nice everything looks, it says a body-off resto has been started and it seems like a lot more than $7500 worth of work has already been done. A 1950 Cadillac coupe is a desirable car and there are probably a number of them being restored right now. Surely some of these projects are rust buckets with fenders, doors, trunk lids, and interior and trunk floors that need a lot of work. Depending on how far away you are, what's included and what kind of price could be negotiated this could be an exceptional deal for someone. I'd think those nice straight finished quarter panels alone might be worth $1000 apiece, the fenders, doors? & trunklid easily another $1000+, and with the $3500 wiring harness that's included that's $6500 worth of parts right there. Of course, it might depend on exactly what's in the boxes of restored parts and what else is included. Think of it, no more welding, straightening, sanding and bodywork to do, refinish the sheetmetal pieces, bolt 'em on your car and go. This would save a heck of a lot of labor. Or use the parts from your car and finish this one as it sits. I know, it's easier said than done but if I was somewhere close and was intent on restoring a 1950 Cadillac coupe, I might check this one out and put my negotiating skills to work.

• Like 1