For Sale: 1937 Dodge Coupe, 89K miles - Project - $18,995 - Evergreen, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1937 Dodge Coupe, 89K miles - Project - $18,995 - Evergreen, CO

1937 Dodge Coupe for sale by owner - Evergreen, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

PLEASE READ ENTIRE AD BEFORE RESPONDING. IF YOU SEE THIS AD. CAR IS STILL AVAILABLE. INCLUDE (DODGE BROTHERS) IN YOUR EMAIL RESPONDS.) OR I WILL CONSIDER RESPONDS A SCAM. 1937 Dodge Brothers Coupe.100% original. All chrome. Emblems. interior door handles. taillight lenses etc. are all there on car. Three-speed-manual on the floor. Original flat head six-cylinder motor numbers matching. All new in the ignition components. Spark plug wires. distributor cap. Rotor. Points. Spark plugs. fan belt. radiator hoses. carburetor rebuilt. fresh oil change and filter. brakes. Brake lines. wheel cylinder kits. Master cylinder. All 4 Shocks.
Coker classic tires. transmission fluid changed. rear differential fluid changed. all lights work. all gauges work except for gas gauge. Reads erratically at times. Front windshield cranks out. Works perfect. all glass in great shape 100% original interior. Factory heater that works! 89,700 miles which I believe to be original (see lube stickers in pictures) Great original patina. Windows roll smoothly. Only surface rust. I have not seen any places where the rust has gone through. Beautiful dodge Brothers emblems on the front and rear. Dodge Ram head hood ornament is in excellent condition. New Cooker tires. Every bit of Chrome and emblems are on the car that should be. Nothing missing! You can keep this car as is, as I have. Or do a restoration or a resto mod whatever you desire. But quite honestly when I take this car to the car shows it commands as much attention as $100,000 resto mod. I just have too many projects going and sadly need to sell this Coupe. Also, I have a couple boxes of spare parts like doorhandles headlamps bulbs windshield wipers etc. that go with car. This car starts right up runs smooth. Steers great. stops great. Drives just like a 1937 Dodge did when it was brand new. It would be extremely rare to find another Classic Coupe in the Original condition. Any price negotiation will be done face to face after viewing and driving Coupe. Clean Colorado title in hand. Send me your preferred contact information. And I will respond ASAP. CASH ONLY. OR CERTIFIED CHECK.
Copy and paste in your email: 720d188bfdfb30b09e4a80e380244232@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1937 Dodge Coupe, 89K miles - Project.

'37 Dodge Coupe CO a.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO b.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO c.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO d.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO e.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO f.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO g.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO h.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO i.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO j.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO ja.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO k.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO l.jpg

'37 Dodge Coupe CO m.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

I need to consider why in my mind I like this but hate some many other cars we see that first appear to be similar.

A.J.:

Although I think it pricey for a 1937 Dodge. it reminds me of the ~30-some-year-old cars I encountered in central mountain towns in Colorado in the early 1970's when I went there to college the first time.  Because the dry climate was generally kind to the sheet metal, a number of 1930's-1940's cars of various makes were still being used for daily transportation.  They survived in regular use as their frugal owners saw no practical reason to update to a newer car when their old one was so dependable and paid for.   Different era than now.

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m really surprised that someone hasn’t stolen the Ram off of it yet. I used to keep mine wrapped up in a sock in the dresser drawer. 

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

I need to consider why in my mind I like this but hate some many other cars we see that first appear to be similar.

This car has nice clean straight lines where they should be and lovely flowing lines where they should be. Appears to have been well looked after for most of it's days, and I'm not a big patina fan but this looks right.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

This car has nice clean straight lines where they should be and lovely flowing lines where they should be. Appears to have been well looked after for most of it's days, and I'm not a big patina fan but this looks right.

I think its the original paint and no vinyl interior or red plug wires that do it for me.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, alsancle said:

I think its the original paint and no vinyl interior or red plug wires that do it for me.

Yes, looks original. Maybe get the door panels and headliner replaced. Front seat maybe savable?