Please also post more cars east of the Mississippi River

Hi guys. So impressed with the various cars you come up with! Sad that so many neat cars like the pink 1960 Edsel are in Washington State or west coast. Us guys down south can only afford to ship cars east of the Mississippi River. Please keep them coming on our half of the states as well .Sincerely George Albright Ocala Florida 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I find the mix of cars to be pretty good.  I also find that there are cars listed all over the country and it's a pretty balanced; from Boston to Los Angeles and Seattle to Florida.  There is a core of posters who must spend quite a bit of time posting these 'not mine' car ads and they do great work that is unpaid and unsolicited; they don't have to do it!  The point I am trying to make is if you don't like the mix of cars and or the mix of locations than YOU can post some ads in an attempts to change it.  If that core of people posting weren't doing the hard work searching through ads this website would be dead!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

George, how much experience do you have with Craigslist or Facebook marketplace?  
When you log on the program knows where you are and by default it only shows you advertisements that are near you.  Yes, you can click buttons and change parameters but that takes time and effort.  And pretty much you have to make the changes each time you login. 

So the ads that you are seeing being reposted are typically just the ads that are local to the person who posted them. 

Then the AACA person must click and save the URL (so that you can simply click) and then save and repost the text of the ad and then right click and save each of the photos to repost them on the AACA website (so they don’t get deleted in the future). 

I don’t repost many ads but when I do it takes a full 5-8 minutes to do the work of making the AACA posting on the “not mine” forum. 

I do it and I am happy to share some interesting cars that I have seen advertised but clicking and reposting is time that I am not searching and evaluating cars that are of a particular interest to me. 

So as noted above I invite you to join in clicking, saving and reposting interesting vehicles that you have found in your time doing online searching. 🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, George Albright said:

All good points! Thanks George 

I'm with you George since Im  in Florida also. I've posted some in the past from craigslist but I'm unable to send the pictures so I quit doing it.I also don't care for the Facebook ads since I'm not a member. I probably should join.Greg

• Like 1

More cars are posted in the west because there ARE more cars surviving, and thus more cars being offered for sale.   In the Northeast and rust belt, far fewer of these cars are around, thus fewer come up for sale.    Up here in New England it's rare to see a 20 year old car on the road!  The vast majority have been rusted out and scrapped.

• Like 3

I think we also need to give credit to Leif in California amongst others for posting cars on the west coast.    

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cjmarzoli said:

More cars are posted in the west because there ARE more cars surviving, and thus more cars being offered for sale.

Yes, this is exactly what I was going to say.  I think the people who post these cars (and to whom we are all very grateful) are probably searching nation-wide, but there is a "natural selection" factor that favors the west coast.

• Like 2