For Sale: 1959 Ford Galaxie Sunliner - "Very nice condition, Driver quality" - Greeneville, TN - Not Mine - 7/16 SOLD!

Posted (edited)

For sale on Facebook: 1959 Ford Galaxie Sunliner in Greeneville, TN  -  $29,500  -  Call or text: 423 470 26 five one

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1677962792999001/-1959-Ford-Galaxie-Sunliner

Seller's Description:

1959 Ford Galaxie Sunliner

• Very good condition
  • Driven 72,000 miles
  • Manual transmission
  • Exterior color: Turquoise · Interior color: Turquoise
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

I've decided to offer my 1959 Ford Galaxie Sunliner for sale. Car is in very nice condition and is driver quality. I purchased it from an elderly couple who could no longer enjoy it. It features the 352ci four barrel engine and standard transmission. Take a look at the pictures then call or text with any questions. Thanks!

image.png.adb27494f82eb8a8942ddb678ca7a1e4.png

image.png.825b1cb930797aad7ede73a09c383e35.png

image.png.043d7f94a08d39d5622f4594b04160a2.png

image.png.30a9f64e5f0ca389dc758c8d9818c5b2.png

image.png.65baf221dfc876fe9151289c25d54e44.png

image.png.7d07613a7f3b08aa948f98ccbeb5e2a7.png

image.png.ade829ba62b1ce75bd0e7d0b74e0cd06.png

image.png.7df7c27224a62328c81e10483302f01c.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Lose the fender skirts and continental kit. If you do that it wouldn’t ride so low in the back. I agree the price is good, especially if the interior is in good shape. Definitely see fewer Sunliners than you do the Skyliners. 

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ford might as well have made those stainless-steel fender skirts standard equipment for Galaxies.  Practically every 1959 Ford Galaxie one encountered when they were new and for a few years thereafter were fitted with those fender skirts, even sedans!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Times change --- I purchased a similar quality Galaxie convertible my first year in college in 1961 for $1,400. Drove it cross-country one summer, and to Mexico another. Trouble free and dependable and a chick magnet as well (as I sure wasn't). Decided I wanted a Chevelle El Camino in 1964, shopped three dealers in the area and agreed on the best trade in value of $1,100. against the sticker price of $3013. for the El Camino. 327/4-speed, bucket seats, posi.

The Sunliner was also a 352/4bbl cruise-o-matic. No skirts, no continental kit. Monitone "Inca Gold", white top, gold/black interior. Hard to believe, @30k now a days.

Edited by Reynard (see edit history)
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Ford might as well have made those stainless-steel fender skirts standard equipment for Galaxies

The trim that was optional and Ford made standard early in the model year is the triangular chrome over the lower fender bulge just behind the bumper. 

• Thanks 3

Recall the earliest '59 ford top series was the Fairlane 500. The Galaxie was a later introduction which featured the Thunderbird influenced "C" pillar.   By the end of the model year, the newer Galaxie roof style was offered on all Fairlane 500 hardtop and sedan models.

1959 Ford-a031959 Ford-01

1959 Ford-a08

b_1959%20Ford%20Full%20Line%20(10-58)-02-03.jpg

• Thanks 5

A Sunliner.

By golly Ford DID build convertibles other than Skyliners (which suffer from dreadful overexposure IMNSHO🧐)!

The stainless skirts "work" with the washboards, but that ridiculous connie kit needs to go. Otherwise quite nice and in great colors and equipment.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, f.f.jones said:

By the end of the model year, the newer Galaxie roof style was offered on all Fairlane 500 hardtop and sedan models

The Thunderbird roof was introduced around Christmas 1958 and the F-500 wraparound roof was quietly dropped on the top line models and they all carried the wide C pillar roof. 

If you really wanted the wraparound glass you would have to select the lower line Fairlane and Custom 300.  
Top line 1959 Fairlane 500s are actually rather scarce.  That Galaxie roof sold a lot of cars. 

As the top line models both the Skyliner and the Sunliner started the year wearing Fairlane 500 scripts on their quarter panels. After the new Galaxie roof was introduced, the topless cars also received Galaxie scripts but without the Thunderbird styling they really weren’t “Galaxies”. 

1959 moldings and trunk lock required all top line cars to have the lettering Fairlane 500 on the deck lids. Which makes it very confusing trying to categorize them. 

For 1960 the word Galaxie was used exclusively on cars with the Thunderbird inspired roof. This means that (in the literature) the Starliner and Sunliner were NOT considered Galaxies. (But really, they were trimmed at the Galaxie level) and many authors have tried to force organization to something that really shouldn’t be classified and say that the 60 Stars & Suns were “subseries” whatever that means. 

And that roof with the wide C-pillar? Did it REALLY begin with the 1958 Thunderbird?  Well, if you look at it carefully it actually began with the 1957 Skyliner……

Sometimes you just shouldn’t even try to force rigid classifications onto automotive marketing.  

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, m-mman said:

And that roof with the wide C-pillar? Did it REALLY begin with the 1958 Thunderbird?  Well, if you look at it carefully it actually began with the 1957 Skyliner……

Agreed---

The C-pillars on the Skyliners, however, were shorter, front to back, than the other '59 Galaxies due, of course, to the fact the top had to retract and fit into the rear of the body. Additionally,the rear window was more convex and followed the line of the top to the deck. The other Galaxies had a flatter rear glass fitted more sunken into the roof. 

The Skyliner innovation forced some design compromises such as the shorter top and the higher,extended trunk areas.

Skyliner:

1959 ford fairlane 500 skyliner

1959 ford fairlane 500 skyliner

Galaxie hardtop:

1959 Ford Fairlane 500 available for Auction | AutoHunter.com | 24098058

• Thanks 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Ford Galaxie Sunliner - "Very nice condition, Driver quality" - Greeneville, TN - Not Mine - 7/16 SOLD!