Macungie ATCA truck show

ThisFriday Saturday and Sunday at Macungie, PA.... Free admission, flea market, and the most impressive collection of antique big iron imaginable. Forecast is clear skies, 75 deg.

Trucks from Canada to Florida make the show every Fathers Day weekend. Some of the restorations are mind boggling in size, work required and quality. I'll have my pip squeek 39 Chevy JC pick up there..................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Like 3

We will see you there, Friday. I hope your weather forecast holds true, but my phone says 86. Always a huge and impressive display of trucks from small to huge. The swap meet, like DAF held here later on, is shrinking. 

17 minutes ago, greenie said:

We will see you there, Friday. I hope your weather forecast holds true, but my phone says 86. Always a huge and impressive display of trucks from small to huge. The swap meet, like DAF held here later on, is shrinking. 

I,m going on sat. My phone now says high of 77 on sat. Well it,s PA. It will do what it wants. No rain any way. I agree. Flea market like all is shrinking.......bob⁸

We,re here now. Scored a shady spot. Beautiful weather. Just played the anthem. Could have heard a pin drop. All talking stopped. All hats removed. Every body respectfully standing  facing the flag. 

What a great assembly of iron and people.......bob

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

More!🤓

I,d love to but all i have is my phone camera and my 84 year old hips are already squawking.

I hope the guy that usually sends a bunch of show plx is here. I think his forum name is olds something.

One more. My pip squeak 39 chevy jc...bob

20240615_113157.jpg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

More!🤓

I,d love to but all i have is my phone camera and my 84 year old hips are already squawking.

I hope the guy that usually sends a bunch of show plx is here. I think his forum name is olds something.

One more. My pip squeak 39 chevy jc...bob

That's a Rampside. Innovative with that midships loading ramp. 

There were also Loadside versions with only the rear tailgate, which was inconvenient to get stuff in and out of the forward section of the load floor.

Cool then and cool now.

13 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

That's a Rampside. Innovative with that midships loading ramp. 

There were also Loadside versions with only the rear tailgate, which was inconvenient to get stuff in and out of the forward section of the load floor.

Cool then and cool now.

Stopped me dead in my tracks.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rocketraider said:

3 hours ago, rocketraider said:

I see kids in the background.

Lots of kids, dogs, and tattoos........not a hint of pomposity in the crowd.......A good time was had by all...My kind of people...........Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Local collector uses his Rampside to haul trash to the dump station, gets a lot of attention.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim Bollman said:
1 minute ago, Jim Bollman said:

Local collector uses his Rampside to haul trash to the dump station, gets a lot of attention.

I really liked it. It was fun invoking Ralph Nader's name to the owner. Went from 0 to 60 on the pissed off scale in no time flat.............Bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2