For Sale: 1952 Packard 250 Mayfair 2dr Hardtop, 44K miles - $21,500 - Orange Park, FL - Not Mine

For Sale: 1952 Packard 250 Mayfair 2dr Hardtop, 44K miles - $21,500 - Orange Park, FL

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/orange-park-beautiful-and-rare-1952/7753723209.html

Seller's Description:

Original colors of Packard Ivory and Sunset red, original 8 cylinder engine runs great, UltraMatic Transmission (fully automatic) shifts well at all speeds, 44k actual documented miles, wide white wall tires, working lights, gauges, horn, wipers, and power antenna, one family owned and car show only driven for the last 30-40 years, factory original leather upholstery, good original car, restore to show quality or drive/own/enjoy as it is! We had car show plans for this one, but dad's health forces sale. Hope to see this one go to a good home. Not many of these rare models around for anymore.

Partial trade-ins possible... Please message or call with what you have. A cheaper daily driver car or anything of value really (collectibles, etc.) could be considered if you don't have the full asking price in cash.
I can help ship this car to your door at a reduced rate via enclosed transport. If you are a long distance or overseas, I will try to work with you on the shipping. Please contact me for details.
If you need help financing, I would suggest contacting a great company such as JJBest. They are easy to work with.

I welcome personal inspections from potential buyers. Shown by appointment.  If you have any questions about this car, please feel free to reach out by message, text, or phone call.
Copy and paste in your email: 035c6abd3ea83aa89d7f90210781b5df@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1952 Packard 250 Mayfair 2dr Hardtop, 44K miles - $21,500 - Orange Park, FL

'52 Packard Mayfair FL a.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL b.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL c.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL d.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL e.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL f.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL g.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL h.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL i.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL j.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL k.jpg

'52 Packard Mayfair FL l.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Hans1965 said:

I love this old leather so much, but to the same extent I dislike the dash. In its simplicity just too modern and - boring. Sorry to say. 

I think Packard figured it out too and rectified things in 55.

image.jpeg.0490310797c89ae67a1addc49dc7fae7.jpeg

• Like 2

I can't agree more with the above comments.  beautiful car, great proportions and that front end in 52 is artistic perfection to me........but the dash looks like it was inspired by Crosley.  As AJ posted, they got it right later.  I wonder back in the day if their design engineering dept had any arguments about putting out a Packard with such a simple utilitarian dash in those years.  Please tell me someone was in a corporate boardroom pounding his fist on the table saying "this is a mistake". 

But back to the car.  Very nice.  it looks like a car up here in the midwest that could almost be your daily driver within the normal errand running of your hometown in the milder weather months.   

19 minutes ago, John Bloom said:

I can't agree more with the above comments.  beautiful car, great proportions and that front end in 52 is artistic perfection to me........but the dash looks like it was inspired by Crosley.  As AJ posted, they got it right later.  I wonder back in the day if their design engineering dept had any arguments about putting out a Packard with such a simple utilitarian dash in those years.  Please tell me someone was in a corporate boardroom pounding his fist on the table saying "this is a mistake". 

But back to the car.  Very nice.  it looks like a car up here in the midwest that could almost be your daily driver within the normal errand running of your hometown in the milder weather months.   

John,  there was a lot of bad mojo going on at Packard in the early 50s.   The post war car boom was wearing off,  Chrysler owned Briggs which built their bodies and they gave them a years notice to figure something else out.  And they tried to combine their assembly lines which was a disaster.    A shame all around and in hindsight we can see the mistakes.  At the time they probably were not as apparent.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, alsancle said:

John,  there was a lot of bad mojo going on at Packard in the early 50s.   The post war car boom was wearing off,  Chrysler owned Briggs which built their bodies and they gave them a years notice to figure something else out.  And they tried to combine their assembly lines which was a disaster.    A shame all around and in hindsight we can see the mistakes.  At the time they probably were not as apparent.

Thanks AJ, I did not know that about Briggs.  As you say, just a few years later those Patrician/400 examples had a fabulous dash that I don’t think has gotten enough love over the years. It isn’t Cord 810/812 level of iconic, but it corrects those bad years and is in keeping with some of those beautiful Packard dashes circa 1934, 1937.

• Like 1

I am sure at one point in time I am going to buy a 55 Packard, just because of this magnificent dash board.

Maybe 10 years back I had the chance to buy a 55 Caribbean convertible, probably the only one here in Germany.  The guy advertising it had offered it for 50.000 Eur, six weeks later he reduced to 40.000 etc. When he reached 20.000 I went to his shop. In the moment I entered the shop he had sold it on the phone to a Packard collector in Denmark. A white, red and black tricolor example, running engine but needed some love. I AM STILL MISSING THIS CAR! It was brought over to Europe by a camera man that had worked in Hollywood, he said.... I even deleted all the pictures I took because it still hurts me..... Just a car, but probably the nicest I have seen in my life.

14 minutes ago, Hans1965 said:

I am sure at one point in time I am going to buy a 55 Packard, just because of this magnificent dash board.

Maybe 10 years back I had the chance to buy a 55 Caribbean convertible, probably the only one here in Germany.  The guy advertising it had offered it for 50.000 Eur, six weeks later he reduced to 40.000 etc. When he reached 20.000 I went to his shop. In the moment I entered the shop he had sold it on the phone to a Packard collector in Denmark. A white, red and black tricolor example, running engine but needed some love. I AM STILL MISSING THIS CAR! It was brought over to Europe by a camera man that had worked in Hollywood, he said.... I even deleted all the pictures I took because it still hurts me..... Just a car, but probably the nicest I have seen in my life.

You are right. Those dash elements are just stunning. Keep looking!  You will find one. Maybe even search and ship one from the US.