FOR SALE 1966 FORD GALAXIE 500 7 LITRE CONVERTIBLE.

I'VE HAD THIS CAR SINCE 1991 WHEN I BOUGHT IT IN SAN FRANCISCO VISITING MY MOM. IT'S BEEN IN GARAGES EVER SINCE.

HOWEVER, MY MECHANIC LEFT IT IN PARK AND THE ENGINE ON AND IT STARTED DRIVING ITSELF AND GOT INTO A MINOR FENDER BENDER.

MY MECHANIC REPAIRED IT BUT IT'S NOT PERFECT.  THE PAINT JOB WAS CHEAP.  IT LOOKS GOOD TO TO THE NAKED EYE BUT NOT TO A COLLECTOR.

IT'S NOT MINT CONDITION BUT IT HAS ALL STOCK PARTS AND RUNS WELL AS I HAD THE ENGINE REDONE.  THE INTERIOR IS COMPLETELY ORIGINAL.  THE TOP OF THE DASHBOARD HAS A TEAR.  THOUGH IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN GARAGED, THERE IS SOME RUST.

I REPLACED THE CONVERITBLE TOP BUT THERE IS A SMALL HOLD WHERE THE METAL SUPPORTING RIB CAGE IS.  I THINK THE HOLE APPEARED BECAUSE ONE OF THE PARTS OF THE METAL RIB SUPPORT CAGE RUBS IT WITH FRICTION OVER TIME.

ANYWAY, I GOT MARRIED, HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD AND A 4 YEAR OLD AND I DRIVE A SUPER SAFE RANGE ROVER AND THAT'S WHERE I AM IN MY LIFE.

HAPPY TO COME TO MY GARAGE ANYTIME TO SEE IT IN WILLIAMSBURG, BROOKLYN, CLOSE TO PETER LUGER'S STEAKHOUSE AS I LIVE IN MANHATTAN DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR AND MONTAUK DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS.

I WOULD LIKE $18,000 BUT WOULD TAKE BEST OFFER.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE CAR IS WORTH.    

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-21.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-20 6.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-20 5.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-20 4.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-20 3.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-20 2.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-20.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-19 5.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-19 4.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-19 3.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-19 2.jpg

PHOTO-2023-06-17-18-06-19.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Alice, 

Welcome to the forum. You have an interesting car you are selling. I hope you will accept some friendly advice. The pictures you posted do not present your car in the best way because of the "busy" background. It would also be good to take better pictures of the interior and pictures of the trunk and under the hood. Also, take a few pictures with the top up. I see it is still carrying a California black plate. Do you have any idea how many miles the car has on it? That would be good information for a potential buyer.  

Best of luck selling your car.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 1

Alice, my name is Roger, I run the 7-Litre Ford group on Facebook.  Head's up I have copied the pictures and info from here and shared with the group.  Here is the link:  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7LitreGroup/permalink/1417348438813355/

If you can, please share more about factory options the car has such as power steering, 2-speed wipers or anything else you're aware of.  Also, do you have the trunk spear (horizontal trim that goes across back of trunk lid) or the steering wheel center cap?  That would be important to for buyers to know as both are pretty rare and hard to find.  Assume the original grille was damaged by the shop and is gone, but was the little "7-Litre" emblem retained?  It's another piece a buyer will need if you have it.  Same for the wheel lip mouldings (trim that goes over the wheel wells). 

In case you didn't already know, only 2,368 7-Litres were built in 1966 and only an estimated 324 are known to still exist.  The Facebook group has tons of info on these cars so if you're on FB consider joining and using as a resource.  Please let me know if you have questions on the car or anything related to it.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 10:42 AM, JACK M said:

I hate to hijack, but what is that black jacked up hoopty across the street?

Almost reminds me of a Rolls Royce.

It IS a Rolls-Royce!

A hi-jacked Silver Shadow!!  (And 'hoopty' Hooper would never rebody a Rolls like that!!😆)

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 8E45E said:

It IS a Rolls-Royce!

A hi-jacked Silver Shadow!!  (And 'hoopty' Hooper would never rebody a Rolls like that!!😆)

Craig

Strange neighborhood.

Looks like one of the neighbors drives a forklift.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JACK M said:

That would be strange to me.

Actually me too, but unfortunately my work takes me to those kind of areas from time to time. I prefer to stay away nowadays!

Back to the car, it’s a mess. Sorry to be harsh but this thing needs a lot. Much of the trim is wrong and/or held on by screws. The interior is shot. Who knows what is under that overly shiny resale red paint? The “F-O-R” letters on the trunk are misaligned, which means the mounting holes have probably been filled. The wheels are wrong. I love these cars, but this is not even close to an $18k car. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1