How many AACA Members?

7 hours ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

There used to be 60,000 but that was including wives. I guess we're slipping

Also. there are a lot of members of advanced age that are sadly slipping under the grass and it's hard to renew a membership from down there.

Posted (edited)

Anybody know the number of HCCA members?  They only list members with pre-1916 vehicles in their roster.  

I suggest that car clubs should list all members.  And they should show a 5–10-year history of membership to make their current members aware of how much clubs are growing or declining.  Perhaps this would help motivate members to recruit more to save their clubs from fading away.

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Shaw said:

Anybody know the number of HCCA members?  They only list members with pre-1916 vehicles in their roster.  

I suggest that car clubs should list all members.  And they should show a 5–10-year history of membership to make their current members aware of how much clubs are growing or declining.  Perhaps this would help motivate members to recruit more to save their clubs from fading away.

From a privacy standpoint, I’d prefer not to be in a list. I do agree clubs need to disclose stats that are a measure of the club's health. Like the gauges on a dashboard, we need something to keep us informed about what’s going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Shaw said:

You're a member of HCCA. You can easily find out by looking in the back of your December issue of its magazine.

3 hours ago, West Peterson said:

You can easily find out by looking in the back of your December issue of its magazine.

Not true.  Only listings there are for affiliated registers and regional groups, no actual membership numbers.  

21 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Not true.  Only listings there are for affiliated registers and regional groups, no actual membership numbers.  

It's federal law. It has to be there. The document is called "Statement of Ownership."

Posted (edited)