Does anyone have any photos and info on 1900-05 Crest Crestmobile cars? See my photo below.

Dear friends. I am probably acquiring a 1901 Crest Crestmobile 3 1/2 -4 HP piano box runabout, original and complete, and the remains of a mostly complete second vehicle. The Crest engines hang out in the front on the 1900-02 models. I see the ads on Ebay. I was wondering if any of you all have any original photos you could post here, or email to me. The photo below is of a fully restored car like I am purchasing that was shown several years ago at Amelia Island Concourse. Of course the names of other owners like my friend Mike West, and others as well as leads on engines, parts etc. appreciated Sincerely George Albright Ocala,Fla.  cell weekdays 10 -4 EST 352 843 1624  email  gnalbright@gmail.com 

IMG_5503.jpg

• Like 2

Very neat piece of automotive history.

Is the top speed for one of those around 5mph?

I would love to see one in operation.

If memory serves the late Don Hess had a Crestmobile and a collection of parts. I do not know what happened to his collection after he passed. Someone on the forum might know.

13 minutes ago, bill witmer said:

If memory serves the late Don Hess had a Crestmobile and a collection of parts. I do not know what happened to his collection after he passed. Someone on the forum might know.

The exact car in the photo is Don Hess old car he restored. Small world!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

George, am familiar with the Don Hess car as he had asked me to help him find a spark plug for it.  Don't know what plug is currently in the engine but years of diligent searching turned up nothing.  Here is some info on the plug -provided by a good friend who is also a serious collector,  They seem to be unobtainable.

Long after Don passed away and the car was sold, I did finally add a plug to my collection that is believed to be an early Crest plug.  Unfortunately nothing is marked on it.

Terry

Crest plug ad 1902.jpg

Crest plug ad.jpg

Crest plug info from trade journal.jpg

Crest.jpg

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 3