Wanted: 1964 Skylark Sport Wagon RH Roof 'Pencil Window'

Grant Z

Posted (edited)

I have a friend who owns a 1964 Skylark Sport Wagon, and he is looking for a right-hand roof 'pencil window' as per the first photo below.

The other photo is not his car.

1964 Buick Skylark Sport Wagon 2.jpg

1964 Buick Skylark Sport Wagon 1.jpg

Edited by Grant Z
Incorrect wording. (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Extremely hard glass to find. I recall some for sale a while back. Don't know if it is still available.

His name is Brian G. and goes by 197064buickspec on the v8Buick forum. You might want to check with him to see if he still has it.

Also, there was an effort to reproduce the glass by someone in Europe. It was on one of the Buick Facebook pages. I don't recall if it got off the ground or not.

Good luck with the hunt.

Loren@65GS.com

Edited by Loren@65GS.com
added information (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Original National Auto Glass Specification number is S3275, if you can find someone (glass shop) with old stock.  If you're going junkyarding, same part used by Oldsmobile 64-67.  On the part number S3275, the "S" stands for Skylight.

17 hours ago, Loren@65GS.com said:

Extremely hard glass to find. I recall some for sale a while back. Don't know if it is still available.

His name is Brian G. and goes by 197064buickspec on the v8Buick forum. You might want to check with him to see if he still has it.

Also, there was an effort to reproduce the glass by someone in Europe. It was on one of the Buick Facebook pages. I don't recall if it got off the ground or not.

Good luck with the hunt.

Loren@65GS.com

Many thanks for your reply. I did a search on '197064buickspec' but no luck I'm afraid.

Much appreciated.

8 hours ago, KURTRUK said:

Original National Auto Glass Specification number is S3275, if you can find someone (glass shop) with old stock.  If you're going junkyarding, same part used by Oldsmobile 64-67.  On the part number S3275, the "S" stands for Skylight.

Thanks for this information, but a Google search comes up with nothing. Junkyarding in Australia for these. We didn't have these cars here unless they were privately imported.

Thanks again.

On 5/19/2024 at 3:39 AM, Grant Z said:

Thanks for this information, but a Google search comes up with nothing. Junkyarding in Australia for these. We didn't have these cars here unless they were privately imported.

Thanks again.

I figured as much.  But thought if you were inquiring with U.S. junkyards, the info might help.

3 hours ago, KURTRUK said:

I figured as much.  But thought if you were inquiring with U.S. junkyards, the info might help.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

On 5/22/2024 at 11:58 AM, Grant Z said:

Sincere thanks for your help. That translates to AU$1,510.00 YIKES. I will ask my friend who wants one.

Again, much thanks.

PLUS SHIPPING, ACROSS THE POND!

• Like 1

That's the person I recalled having some for sale. I didn't recall the astronomical asking price though.

In case your friend isn't aware, '64-'67 is the same glass. But there were clear and tinted made. Another issue is that the glass does start to de-laminate, causing a white look around the edge that resembles a water stain. 

Good luck with the hunt,

Loren@65GS.com