For Sale: 1959 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Convertible - "Inherited from my Father, No room" - "Runs and drives" - Green Bay, WI - Not Mine - 8/18 Deleted

Posted (edited)

For sale on Facebook: 1959 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Convertible in Green Bay, WI  -  $14,000 (previously reduced from $15,000)  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information

Link to 6/29 relist, same $14,000: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/839228304427476/-1959-Oldsmobile-Convertible

Seller's Description:

1959 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Convertible

• Condition: Used - Good

Recently inherited a 1959 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Convertible from my Father. I simply don't have the room to keep it anymore.

• I don't know a whole lot about the vehicle but I know there aren't a whole lot of them left. Runs and drives - Power windows and top function properly - Back window is out on the top. I believe it's still there just has to be sewn back in - Brand New tourney cover recently - Have the fender skirts for the rear - Car could use some body work but all in all is complete and would be an excellent candidate for restoration - Has some damage on the rear driver side area from being backed into In a parking lot. Won't let me post the video I have of the damaged area.

Any questions or if you would like to set up a time to see the vehicle message me and we can get it sorted out.

• $14,000 firm don't bother me unless you're coming with cash

I've had alot of interest and I'm honestly in no rush to sell. For the right price I have ALOT of extra trim/chrome, body panels, dash parts/Instrument clusters, and tons of other miscellaneous pieces and parts.

See very short video of one side of car.

It is the first "photo" in the Facebook ad.

image.png.fbd822dc841a0d5d26038ff4db09f094.png

image.png.1fd368402c3fbc0639d01639d7dccd73.png

image.png.3688c4f6d411b4e775ded7cd5d141fa2.png

image.png.d6ece6205d7ce42873c85c3e23589727.png

image.png.97b2d2bff91057e0509e19afcea73081.png

image.png.9758e031543eac77f7a760d655244b1a.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Convertible - "Inherited from my Father, No room" - "Runs and drives" - Green Bay, WI - Not Mine

The drivers side pic looks as though there is some color variation, not sure why. May be a good candidate for some one who owns a body shop. Interior sure does not match the exterior. I can envision a beautiful car, but not at this time. GLWTS

• Like 1

I detect a bit of the "I know what I've got" mentality that comes from watching collector car auctions and looking at consignment dealer listings.  Don't like the attitude, but, if the car is not rusty, it's probably not a crazy-high price for what it is.  It is a '59 GM convertible after all.   

I should think the audience for it in this condition is just buyers who would do a cost-is-no-object restoration.  By the time a full restoration was done, the few thousand difference between the listing price and whatever the "true value" is will have been insignificant.      

• Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Convertible - "Inherited from my Father, No room" - "Runs and drives" - Green Bay, WI - Not Mine - 8/18 Deleted