Dodge Postal Friends

Looking to meet other Dodge Fageol mail truck owners in the effort to help each other with the restoration project of these old vehicles. I myself have always enjoyed odd utility vehicles and some how I ended up collection unique postal vehicles. The Dodge Fageol is one of them. I believe there was a contract for 3000 of them but only 800 or so got produced do to financial issues. Love to hear what other enthusiasts know about these little monsters. IMG_6657.jpeg.f541b7c5ba7212fc4c1696ac5ed737dc.jpeg

• Like 4

Oh wow yeah that’s a pretty old post but great info in it. I wish mine were in the condition of his but life has taken a beating on them. They are funky little rides.

• Like 1

Yea I have as well. There isn’t a wealth of info on them and I think people don’t know what to official call them so they get associated with dodge route vans. The Route Vans were a bit bigger in size but had a somewhat similar appearance. The postal vehicles are much smaller in size. I’ve heard Pony express as well but just another generic name for postal vehicle. 

21 hours ago, 3macboys said:

From my piles of manuals here's what Dodge called them.  Not a lot of illustrations in it from what I recall.  

Picture 1 of 12

I’ll have to read in to that more. It’s hard to get pics to the model numbers and I know they had different postal set ups. I’ll have to reference years to the numbers