1959 Plymouth Suburban Wagon, 1 owner - $7,950 (Vista CA)

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/vista-1959-plymouth-suburban-wagon/7739780872.html

PLEASE CALL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS AT 760 805 803EIGHT.

1959 Plymouth Suburban Wagon. This is a true one owner car with a great story and history behind it. Original Window Sticker, original Sales Contract, original owner's manual with the factory key still taped to it, vintage pictures of it's many family vacations. 318 V-8, Pushbutton automatic.

Very solid car overall but does have some rust here and there. Solid floors. I have the spare tire cover. Rear window cranks fine. We got it to fire up but it has no brakes. We need the room more than we need the Plymouth. Cool old finned Mopar Wagon that is ready to take any direction you choose. Located in Vista.

1959 Plymouth Suburban Wagon, 1 owner finned Mopar 1

00j0j_fn8aQGJ9ujE_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00m0m_9hBwHSsA19h_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

01212_5d6QGNbGT7L_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

This could be a hella cool wagon.

$7950 may be optimistic but we must remember that what a Southern Californian thinks is rusty may be a really solid car. The most rust I see in phone-sized pics is in the tailgate, possibly in RF fender. Wonder if he has the missing RF fender trim?

There are 56 and 63 Chevrolets in the background so that tells me these are car people, not just some opportunist who dragged the Plymouth out of a field and thinks they'll get auction pricing for it.

• Like 3

My family had one of these when I was growing up, except it had the 6 cylinder engine and three-on-the-tree.  Let's just say my Dad was very "frugal!"  1959 was the final year for the little flathead 6 -- I always thought it looked odd sitting in that sleek "Forward Look" body.  But my Dad had bought a V-8 Plymouth wagon in '55, and it threw a rod four years later stranding him on the side of the road.  He became convinced that the V-8 was "unreliable," and insisted on the 6 for the replacement.

• Like 1