For Sale: 1958 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedan, 38K miles - Project - $3,500 - Woodbury, MN - Not Mine - This posting has been deleted by its author. 5-19-2024.

For Sale: 1958 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedan, 38K miles - Project - $3,500 - Woodbury, MN - This posting has been deleted by its author. 4-20-2024. - For Sale: 1958 Edsel - Project - $1#### - Cokato, MN - Not Mine - OH NO! FLIPPER GOT IT! - This posting has been deleted by its author. 5-19-2024.

1958 edsel ranger for sale by owner - Saint Paul, MN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

4-Door. Nice body, interior, clean overall w/38K miles. Stored 30 yrs. Then prepared engine w/parts new fluids and drove 4 miles to new storage with engine smoke and tranny leaking. Fix yourself or use as very nice parts car. Push button PRND there but not operable (pull knob under dash).
Copy and paste in your email: 4ef9f632fc85370aa23224ce6a0816ec@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1958 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedan, 38K miles - Project.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 6,576 1958 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedans built.

'58 Edsel Ranger MN a.jpg

'58 Edsel Ranger MN b.jpg

'58 Edsel Ranger MN c.jpg

'58 Edsel Ranger MN d.jpg

'58 Edsel Ranger MN e.jpg

'58 Edsel Ranger MN f.jpg

'58 Edsel Ranger MN g.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
This posting has been deleted by its author. 5-19-2024. (see edit history)
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Push button PRND there but not operable (pull knob under dash).

I was not aware that there was a way to manually shift this transmission. Is this a standard feature or something the owner rigged up?

17 minutes ago, Dave Wells said:

Is this a standard feature or something the owner rigged up?

1958 Edsel teletouch is an electrical motor control for the automatic transmission.  
It’s, electrical, it’s gonna break.  You are parked 

If you want to use the car you rig up something to manually move the arm on the transmission.  
Typically people cut holes in the floor and bolted in some cheap parts house shifter.  
Adapting a thick cable and a knob would take more home engineering but would look better in the end. 

Nothing about it is factory.  

• Thanks 2

Tele-Touch-controlled automatic transmission was optional on Edsel Rangers and Pacers.  Because these models were built on the Ford-Edsel (F-E) body series, a column-lever-shifted set-up was also optionally available.  This latter option would be a good work-around to get this Edsel back on the road. 

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedan, 38K miles - Project - $3,500 - Woodbury, MN - Not Mine - This posting has been deleted by its author. 4-20-2024.
17 hours ago, JamesR said:

Hope it had a title at that price

Knowing how to create a title for a vehicle that is lacking one, is a necessary car collector skill as much as being able to do mechanical or other repairs.  

In some situations it may not be worth the effort, but in some situations the rust or mechanical repairs needed may not be worth the effort either.  

On 4/22/2024 at 10:46 AM, m-mman said:

Knowing how to create a title for a vehicle that is lacking one, is a necessary car collector skill ....

So is learning how to say, "No thanks! I'll wait for a car with a title."

I'm not a museum curator or dealer, and don't want to be one. I'm a guy with a few old cars.

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedan, 38K miles - Project - $3,500 - Woodbury, MN - Not Mine - This posting has been deleted by its author. 4-20-2024. - For Sale: 1958 Edsel - Project - $1#### - Cokato, MN - Not Mine - OH NO! FLIPPER GOT IT!
Posted (edited)

For Sale: 1958 Edsel - Project - $1#### - Cokato, MN - Not Mine - OH NO! FLIPPER GOT IT! - This posting has been deleted by its author. 5-19-2024.

1958 Edsel ranger for sale by owner - Cokato, MN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1958 Edsel project. Recently out of long-term storage and needs work. Does run Drive and stop. No rust clean title in my name. Calls only please. Don’t need help selling. Bring a trailer and cash it will need to be towed. Make me an offer, this car needs to go. cash talks. odometer: 38000.
Copy and paste in your email: 6c0f1b9756793c12b67b77ebe35bce33@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1958 Edsel - Project.

'58 Edsel MN a.jpg

'58 Edsel MN b.jpg

'58 Edsel MN c.jpg

'58 Edsel MN d.jpg

Flipper.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
This posting has been deleted by its author. 5-19-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)

Edsels are probably the worst car for a flipper.

Attributes that are NOT applicable to Edsels are; lucrative, profitable, quick selling and in demand.  
Nice car, but it’s a base Ranger sedan…

5 hours ago, Fleetwood Meadow said:

I wonder what happened to the air cleaner. It’s shown in the original pictures

It won’t fit the obligatory Edlebrock carb that was installed.  

FYI 1958 Edsels were all originally equipped with Holley 4 barrels. A popular carb especially among rodders. 

A common replacement is the 4100 Ford carb. Probably the simplest and most reliable carb out there.  
Easy to source and easy to repair. 

Both readily accept the stock air cleaner.  

It has been said; “I’d rather fix than switch”. 🤓

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Edsel Ranger 4dr Sedan, 38K miles - Project - $3,500 - Woodbury, MN - Not Mine - This posting has been deleted by its author. 5-19-2024.