1911 Rambler

I recently came across a car of interest. 1911 Model 65 Rambler. From what I researched there only one left?  Can anyone elaborate on these cars? Seems in league with the Olds Limited. I’ve seen videos of one green example that is supposed to be the only car left. 

10 hours ago, BobinVirginia said:

I recently came across a car of interest. 1911 Model 65 Rambler. From what I researched there only one left?  Can anyone elaborate on these cars? Seems in league with the Olds Limited. I’ve seen videos of one green example that is supposed to be the only car left. 

The Rambler was a big car, but the Olds limited would cast a large shadow over it.  I’ve seen both in person and it’s hard to explain. Both are fantastic cars and for you car enthusiasts out there, if you ever have the opportunity to attend a local show with large brass cars I would recommend it. They really are eye openers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tph479 said:

The Rambler was a big car, but the Olds limited would cast a large shadow over it.  I’ve seen both in person and it’s hard to explain. Both are fantastic cars and for you car enthusiasts out there, if you ever have the opportunity to attend a local show with large brass cars I would recommend it. They really are eye openers.

Another big difference between the Olds Limited and the Rambler is the size of the engine.  The engine in the Olds is almost twice the displacement of the engine in the Rambler.  The Rambler is an impressive car in its own right but very few cars are in the same class as the Olds. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, A Woolf said:

Another big difference between the Olds Limited and the Rambler is the size of the engine.  The engine in the Olds is almost twice the displacement of the engine in the Rambler.  The Rambler is an impressive car in its own right but very few cars are in the same class as the Olds. 

And a Pierce 66 has over a hundred cubic inches more than the Olds...

• Like 1

Who needs a Fire Engine speedster ?

I remember when I was much younger and our 1912 Pratt 30 was my first “full size “ brass car. Rolling around under it I was struck that it was nearly more truck than car. Heavy built. On the other hand, our Hupp 20 is no heavier than it needs to be. 
Maybe the Pratt isn’t either……

Yes, beautiful cars, hats off to those able to maintain and operate them. 

• Thanks 1