1990 Chrysler Maserati Hardtop Convertible - $7,000 (Rathdrum ID)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/rathdrum-rare-1990-chrysler-maserati/7734547935.html

Rare 1990 Chrysler Maserati hardtop convertible. 82,000 miles, auto transmission, good tires, Mitsubishi 3 liter engine, interior is genuine Corinthian hand stitched leather, and all new shocks. There is a small amount of wear on the driver’s seat, but other than that, the interior is good. There is also a small crack on the underside on the curb guard. Clear title. $7000. Light yellow in color. I prefer texts above other means of communication, then phone calls, but will answer emails, too.

text - (208) 596-3326

00u0u_fddqmNZzCeW_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_1XQVaEh3krc_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_cl2Ix3u59BZ_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

01111_9wz24NvCtUt_0CI0CI_1200x900.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

The amount of Maserati in this is like the amount of vermouth in a very dry martini.

And its probably a good thing. A lot cheaper to maintain and probably more reliable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

The amount of Maserati in this is like the amount of vermouth in a very dry martini.

Ah, but they were "handbuilt" in Italy!  Would be interesting to know the parts sourcing details.   (which parts came from where).

I had one of the manual trans versions as well as one each of the other two options.

That twin cam was a lot of fun.

I am over the urge on these now, but often think about that little hot rod.

6 hours ago, JACK M said:

I had one of the manual trans versions as well as one each of the other two options.

That twin cam was a lot of fun.

I am over the urge on these now, but often think about that little hot rod.

I always thought they really missed something when they didn't put Maserati on the cam cover! 

One must remember the era that this car came out. Unlike today when a base model Hundae is just as luxurious as a caddie.

This was a high end car that turned heads. There was one in our town owned by a real estate mogul. One knew whom it was at first sight. Now (and probably a good thing) no one is recognized by the car they drive. Although the lebaron was a great looking car, I think one of the problems with this is that it was too closely styled. Too many 'its a fancy lebaron' comments.  But I suppose that was cheaper than stamping out all new sheet metal for something different. I like these, just not enough to want to buy one.

3 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Too many 'its a fancy lebaron' comments. 

By those that are ignorant about what they are.

These cars sold in the $30.000 range in 89. 90, and 91.

Very well built cars. However as we all know, 35-year-old technology is not the most dependable today.

6 hours ago, TAKerry said:

One must remember the era that this car came out. Unlike today when a base model Hundae is just as luxurious as a caddie.

This was a high end car that turned heads. There was one in our town owned by a real estate mogul. One knew whom it was at first sight. Now (and probably a good thing) no one is recognized by the car they drive. Although the lebaron was a great looking car, I think one of the problems with this is that it was too closely styled. Too many 'its a fancy lebaron' comments.  But I suppose that was cheaper than stamping out all new sheet metal for something different. I like these, just not enough to want to buy one.

Well said.  The TC was planned to come out  before the '87 Lebaron but issues with Maserati delayed its release by 3-4 years, meaning the '87 Lebaron came out two years earlier.  Even though they look very similar in the body department, virtually no body or interior parts are shared.  Even the door shells are not the same part.  I used to own an '89 Lebaron convertible and currently own a '90 TC.    The TC has a heavier feel and better fit and finish.  The Lebaron had a more high tech interior with more options available.  The driving experience is quite similar.   I personally find the Lebaron seats more comfortable.  The TC has no back seat but a roomier trunk.  These cars are undervalued IMO and provide an excellent affordable collector car experience.  

• Like 1