Cameron auto company

I understand Cameron started production in 1903. One (reliability unknown) source says they were made in RI. Another says they were produced in CT. If you are reading this and have some information I would appreciate hearing from you. Are any pictires of them available on the web? Thanks, tom

Guest EMF-Owner

I am holding in my hand a copy of a book called "The Cameron Story" written by William T. Cameron. It is all about the Cameron Auto. It is chucked full of Cameron auto info, photos, original advertisement etc. The ISBN number is 0-962599-1-6 and it looks like it was put out by the International society for VEHICLE Preservation. Real nice hard back book. 190 pages.

You can look for the book yourself or if you let me know the kind of info you are looking for, I can look it up and scan any photos you may want. Please let me know.

Guest EMF-Owner

Tom,

Recieved your email and tried to send you these images. Unfortunatly all the email bounced back with the error:

while talking to air-xk01.mail.aol.com.:

>>> RCPT To:<tlc356sc@aol.com>

<<< 550 tlc356sc IS NOT ACCEPTING MAIL FROM THIS SENDER

550 <tlc356sc@aol.com>... User unknown

I will post the photos here for all to see.

This is Photo 1 of 4

• 15 years later...

Thanks, Dave.  I appreciate the response, although it does not look as though Cameron Cars has been done justice by that Wikipedia page.  :)  They have overlooked New London,  and West Haven, CT, Attica, Ohio and Michigan as locations where Camerons were manufactured, among others.  When I get some time, perhaps I will go on that page and flesh it out a bit more. Thank you. 

Cameron offered its engines to the trade; I remember seeing various ads in thi trade journals, but I have no real information re' how much penetration they acquired...

Do have notes that they got engines, 4s, into the Liberty Light Car (Light Cars were a semi-category between CycleCars during their craze and  "normal" size (??) cars---not familiar with actual category specs, if any). Std Cat says both very low prod.

Don't know anything about their aircraft and marine engines...

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hello folks, I own the 1911 Cameron that is referenced to in the book” the Cameron story” , the R.E. Willis roadster, From Federalsburg Md. Mr Willis bought the car new, it was family owned for decades. It is in remarkable original condition. Mr Willis was a Cameron dealer. When I purchased the car, it came with a lot of extra parts. The engine has been rebuilt. There is no heavy rust. Original pinstripes are visible. I haven’t started the engine yet. I’m slowly going over the car. 

• Like 3