1914 Buick for sale - not mine

Larry Schramm also sent me this link. One of my many "enablers". I will state that it is probably a 1915 C-25 not a 1914.

Looks to have been resurected back in the 1950s. Non-Skids and stripped wheel spokes along with the cream colored upholstery. 

• Like 1

couple of photos...Looks like a fun car but I wonder about support for these early Buicks

img-7619.jpgimg-7659.jpgimg-7620.jpgimg-7647.jpgimg-7582.jpg

• Like 3

I wish I could afford to bid on it. I don't know how high I would go (not high enough probably?)? But I do like the car. Sort it, drive it, and tinker to improve it until you die.

That little Buick four was getting a bit outdated by 1915, but they were still good cars! And I have always loved the early 1910s Buick roadsters. Styling ahead of their time, and very sporty looking.

• Like 6

At this moment it is over $9,000. Another Buick Buddy (who is working on a 1914 B-24) on the Brass Buicks Group site sent me a link to the auction from last summer where it sold for a bit over $5,000. In that auction it was listed as a 1915 C-24.

Being a 1915, it is "legal" in the Horseless Carriage Club of America. We have a lot of fun with these 1915 and earlier cars!!!

This looks like a fun car. You can work on it at the same time that you drive it. 

Early Buicks are good cars and have a strong following too. 

10 Buick 3.jpg

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)
  • Like 6

I campaign a C-25, the Buicks are OK to repair, the engine was used from 1908 t0 1915.  The engine is well known and uses modern Chevy pistons and valves for instance.  Weak points are the rear axle and U Joint.  Best of luck, Gary

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. so rare to learn if a vehicle sold on these forums,  Seems the fellow who bought the Buick at auction made a pretty astute purchase,

Regards, Gary

• Like 1