1932 Hupmobile, not mine.

A.J.:

By the design details: vertical radiator shell, stamped slanted hood louvers, not-yet full-length, over-the-cowl hood, two-bar bumper with ribbed center tie bar, single righthand side-mount spare identifies this 'cycle-fender' Hupmobile as a 1932 Series 222-F, the smaller 250.7 or 261.5 ci L-head straight eight on the 122" wheelbase sedan, factory priced $1,295.

The six-cylinder Series K and KK on a 121" wheelbase joined for 1933-'34, have a slopped radiator shell, full-length. over-the-cowl hood, single bar bumper, carryover stamped, slanted hood louvers, powered by the L-head 228.1 ci six-cylinder.

Hupmobile was in dire circumstances as were all automakers that Depression year, continued to assemble older models from parts inventories. Listed for 1932 were Series S-214, B-216, L-218, C-221, F-222, H-225, I-226 and U-237.   Only the Series I and F were cycle-fender models.   The first question assembly line workers must have had to ask daily was "what series are we assembling today?"...

Steve

'32 Hupmobile CA a.jpg

'32 Hupmobile CA b.jpg

'32 Hupmobile CA c.jpg

'32 Hupmobile CA d.jpg

'32 Hupmobile CA e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2