1941 model 91 in Texas, with So. Calif. movie use history

Price drop to $27,500. The owner has asked me to sell this 1941 Limited 6-passenger sedan due to his ill health. No rust, no dents, good original upholstery, runs and drives well but I think it may need a new water pump which I will get to; 320 straight eight was overhauled in the 1980s, car has 103,000 miles, I overhauled the wheel cylinders and master cylinder yesterday so it has good brakes now. Car has been used in several Hollywood movies--I've asked the owner for documentation. He is asking $27,500 but all offers will be considered. More photos upon request to those who are serious. I have both fender skirts, but did not have the right-hand one installed when I took these photos. Located in Bonham, Texas northeast of Dallas.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

Edited by Pete Phillips
Add location of car & price drop (see edit history)
  • Like 6

The 91 is the one to own--no jump seats, no divider window, a little more space for the driver. This looks like a car that could be fluffed into a good tour car. I hope he gets every penny!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

The 91 is the one to own--no jump seats, no divider window, a little more space for the driver. This looks like a car that could be fluffed into a good tour car. I hope he gets every penny!

I was just driving the divider version of this the other day.   Great cars!

• Like 3

Thank you for your kind words, Mr. Harwood. I am the owner of the car and Pete is selling it for me.  I own three of these but by far this is the best one. I first saw a 42 Limited in 1974 and knew I had to have one Someday. Now I am in poor health, and I am selling my collection.  

47buicknut

The name begs a question is 1947 your favorite year or do you have 47 number of Buicks.  The other question did you and still have a 1942?  I am interested in your 41, but do not have that kind of money, hope you get what you want from it.  Unfortunately 1940s autos seem to be falling out of favor dus to younger generations having not much interest.  I'm hoping to restore my 47 Super and 46 Roadmaster before I fall into the worse than I am health.

Good luck

47 is my favorite year, still own a few please message me. I own 11 Straight Eight Buicks. I did not own the 42, it was a very nice car and sold at auction for $4300.00! I did not have $43.00 dollars at the time! 

• Like 3

On 4/1/2024 at 6:59 PM, 47buicknut said:

Thank you for your kind words, Mr. Harwood. I am the owner of the car and Pete is selling it for me.  I own three of these but by far this is the best one. I first saw a 42 Limited in 1974 and knew I had to have one Someday. Now I am in poor health, and I am selling my collection.  

I had a strange feeling this car might be yours, I recall you speaking of your 41's at Bobs auction. How is that 38 Century I sent to you?  Sorry to hear your health is declining. Tell your pretty wife I said hello.