1956 Dodge Royal - $2,500

Too much attitude in this ad, but it might be a fair deal....

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/sacramento-1956-dodge-royal/7727276625.html

1956 Dodge Lancer Royal, inherited from late grandfather in law (4th gen family owned). Was restored out of state about 15 years back. When I inherited it, it ran fine but had a transmission leaked. Took it in to have seals replaced, and was told the seals were replaced, but jokes on me, they lied and it kept leaking. Will need trans and brakes rebuilt. Has been sitting for 4 or 5 years. There is a lot of potential, but its in rough shape and getting worse by the day. 2500 bucks, bring your trailer, and get it out of my driveway. Dickheads and tire kickers get ignored. No, I do not have more information. Needs someone with knowhow and time and energy to bring it back.
Took best in show back in may 2014 at the holy something or other auto show.
49k original miles, super red ram v8, edelebrock electric carb, powerflite push button auto trans.
CLEAN CA TITLE. DOES NOT RUN! WILL NEED TO TRAILER HOME!
Lets make this the last time I have to post it on here. Thanks for reading.

email:  303b1b0c052637e79c59e0ab6b9664dc@sale.craigslist.org

1956 Dodge Royal 100a0a_86iiB9sW3yB_0zJ0t2_600x450.jpg00o0o_kvol65sJXZd_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00o0o_iD9AAMuD4vF_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, it’s a four door hardtop! 
A shiny car for $2500? I understand why the seller might be tired with idiots.  

In this situation you show up with cash, verify the title documents and are fully prepared to move it to your house. 

If you ask any questions or have to “think about it” you need another hobby, cars aren’t for you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, m-mman said:

If you ask any questions or have to “think about it” you need another hobby, cars aren’t for you. 

Thinking about it hardly ever happens! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Quick! Show up with your trailer with the $2,500 cash, make sure the paperwork is good, do the deal, load it and leave quickly, leave him wondering if he sold it too cheaply...

Four door hardtops were a low percentage of all 1956 Dodges built, are a one-year-only configuration on that 1955-'56 body.

• Like 1

I saw this ad while up.  The photos showed a NON-Hemi poly head V8 so I kindly explained the error to the seller.   He told me IN NO UNCERTAIN terms that I had NO IDEA what the ____ I was talking about.

I sold my REAL-Hemi '56 Dodge convertible in January.   But hey, what do I know.

Hope the next owner did not think he was buying a Hemi car.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, StillOutThere said:

I saw this ad while up.  The photos showed a NON-Hemi poly head V8 so I kindly explained the error to the seller.   He told me IN NO UNCERTAIN terms that I had NO IDEA what the ____ I was talking about.

I sold my REAL-Hemi '56 Dodge convertible in January.   But hey, what do I know.

Hope the next owner did not think he was buying a Hemi car.

Some engine types are hard to recognize...early Hemi isn't one of them.

Inherited cars often come with inflated specifications! "Show room condition...my dad restored it perfectly!" 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, StillOutThere said:

He told me IN NO UNCERTAIN terms that I had NO IDEA what the ____ I was talking about

The seller is obviously not a car person  
Its a straight clean car for $2500.
Does it really matter what the seller calls it?

All he wants to do is rehome it, not discuss inane details about it with someone who isn’t going to buy it. 

If it weren’t an 8 hour drive, I would have my tow truck and cash in is driveway.