1922 Chandler tub off to painter

PWN

Nice looking project, you might ask administrators to move topic to another forum such as Restoration projects and retitle to "1922 Chandler Restoration" where you can continue to show progress over the next few days, months, years, decades, all in one thread.....LOL

• Like 1

I only had to a haul it a mile but it was a slow mile. Sheet metal is 100% and the wood is too. There was some surface rust under the paint (dark areas), but hardly any pitting. First step now is a careful sandblast and immediate spray with epoxy primer. We removed the paint with 60 and 80 grit buffer so the sand blasting wouldn't be too intense.

Everything but the body (hood, fenders, side skirt, front apron) were vat dipped and epoxy primed and the Houck wheels blasted and powder coated.

I'll get some picks together.

And ask a mod to move to the Restoration Section.

Be very careful with the sandblasting, it doesn't take much to warp thin metal! I like using glass bead or media that tends to not "peen" the metal too aggressively.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, pkhammer said:

Be very careful with the sandblasting, it doesn't take much to warp thin metal! I like using glass bead or media that tends to not "peen" the metal too aggressively.

Yep, the guy doing its a pro. Uses lowest pressure possible a very acute angle and the blaster pen? is small.

We've done the doors no issue and the metal isn't terribly thin compared to new stuff.

Edited by PWN (see edit history)
  • Like 1